• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

3d model of Old Recreation Ground

superflye

Hi all,

I'm part of a group of 3d geeks that is building an add-on for the computer game Trainz (a train simulator). We are doing a full virtual rebuild of The Potteries Loop Line and all associated goods lines. This has meant that we have had to reconstruct large swathes of Stoke-on-trent as it was in the period we are covering (1930's), including mines, factories, housing, significant landmarks, etc.

We are about 75% complete at the mo (after nearly 2 years of work), and it has fallen to me, being the Vale fan in the group to build a 3d model of the Rec. Naturally the question is, do any plans exist? Where will I find the most pictures of the ground? In a nutshell, I need to get together as much info as possible before I start the build.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris

Advert:

Advert:

Valiant 1981 - thanks for those pics - the one with the Vale ground on have the house in which I was born in 1949 and spent the first 15 years of my life.

For anyone interested in cycling the street parallel to the main stand and then continuing beyond the far end is Bryan Street and the great Les West lived in one of those houses (as did I)

Superflye - Being an old railwayman myself I would be only too pleased to help with any identification and of course the Loop line around Waterloo Road to Cobridge / Hanley Deep Pit was our playground. PM me if you want.

Valiant 1981 - thanks for those pics - the one with the Vale ground on have the house in which I was born in 1949 and spent the first 15 years of my life.

For anyone interested in cycling the street parallel to the main stand and then continuing beyond the far end is Bryan Street and the great Les West lived in one of those houses (as did I)

Superflye - Being an old railwayman myself I would be only too pleased to help with any identification and of course the Loop line around Waterloo Road to Cobridge / Hanley Deep Pit was our playground. PM me if you want.

Great photo.Just seen my old house on there as well.Off Paddock St on corner of Chester St/Avery St.

Advert:

Just spotted my house on there as well.

Advert:

• 3 months later...

Archived