onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

12 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Mike Williamson

Why would he come to the vale when he has his own players and a load of cash at mk. Also probably getting promoted. We should stick with dm and see what he can do with his own players. 

• Like 3

Advert

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Why would he come to the vale when he has his own players and a load of cash at mk. Also probably getting promoted. We should stick with dm and see what he can do with his own players. 

I know he won’t come at the Moment but he’s the type we need.

It appears he thinks and plays a lot like McKenna does at Ipswich.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Other than the fact he's a Vale fan ? 

Then, He'd be barking mad to leave FC Franchise. They might possibly go up anyway .

They wii go up and I don’t think he would come at the Moment.

Apparently he is very similar in his style of play and temperament to McKenna at Ipswich.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

I know he won’t come at the Moment but he’s the type we need.

It appears he thinks and plays a lot like McKenna does at Ipswich.

My opinion most people probably disagree

We should keep Darren more and see how he does.

Bring in a good dof. This will allow a long term strategie and allow the manager to focus on the pitch while having input in player recruitment and not having to worry about anything else.

The problem with having a manager as a sort of mix of manger and dof like how rudge used to be is that manager sometime are only at the club for 5 months to 2 years. This means that strategie will change frequently and there won't be a long term plan. New managers will often want to bring in there own players and style of play which could put the club into alot of debt as we bring in new players as managers come and go. Not necessarily because players are bad but because the manager we recruit may want to play wingers instead of wingbacks oor the play in question might not fit the play style. You understand what I mean.

Back in the 80s and 90s managers lasted much longer so the wasn't much change in strategy.

Edited by PVFC FAN

Well he doesn't seem to change things quickly enough .

If you getting over run down the flanks you double up on players not leave 3 centre half there marking 1 max  in middle  and leaving the wing backs to be exploited 

Peterboro did it ,Exeter did it second half and what I didn't see is the captain on field didn't react to it and the manager let it happen

It's gross neglect .

I don't really like his set ups especuallg when ahead it's bizarre 

Surely at 2- 0 up you go for 3 /4/5 /6 while remaining disciplined when out of possession either the players do not understand what's expected of them or Moore is not the man he should be a tactical genius.

Edited by Dipepa delight

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Can't see Moore quitting, especially as his team of backroom staff recently joined too.
I have a feeling that funds will be made available as soon as the season ends to rebuild, whichever division we are in.
I think that's what persuaded him to join in the first place.
I also think we fans may be surprised at the level of funds made available.

Yeah I think you could be spot on there about carol probably saying to DM even if we go down I'm willing to back you with the. Funds you'll need and I've got a feeling quite a few players could be binned off as well 👍

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

Who do you want to replace him?

Jürgen Klopp ,  maybe 😆😆😆😆😆

But for me I can't see DM quitting like I said previously he's got unfinished business and he'll want to show what he can do with his own set of players, I'm fine with that tbh 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

My opinion most people probably disagree

We should keep Darren more and see how he does.

Bring in a good dof. This will allow a long term strategie and allow the manager to focus on the pitch while having input in player recruitment and not having to worry about anything else.

The problem with having a manager as a sort of mix of manger and dof like how rudge used to be is that manager sometime are only at the club for 5 months to 2 years. This means that strategie will change frequently and there won't be a long term plan. New managers will often want to bring in there own players and style of play which could put the club into alot of debt as we bring in new players as managers come and go. Not necessarily because players are bad but because the manager we recruit may want to play wingers instead of wingbacks oor the play in question might not fit the play style. You understand what I mean.

Back in the 80s and 90s managers lasted much longer so the wasn't much change in strategy.

WE DON'T NEED A DOF ,  🤨

A good scouting network would be more productive 🤨

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

WE DON'T NEED A DOF ,  🤨

A good scouting network would be more productive 🤨

A good scouting network is good yes. Its not good if we are changing our squad for every manager that gets sacked either.

10 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

No offence mate but the players are bottle jobs so any manager would struggle , imo .

Like others have said in both the Fleetwood Game and on Saturday their managers changed shape and tortured us down the Flanks

What did Moore do to combat it, nothing.

I know the players are not great but you still have to react to what is happening on the Pitch, Moore is Clueless and if he is still at Vale at Christmas I will be amazed.

By the Way if I was the Owner and heard that he’s going to resign if we are relegated he would be Down the Road Immediately.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Like others have said in both the Fleetwood Game and on Saturday their managers changed shape and tortured us down the Flanks

What did Moore do to combat it, nothing.

I know the players are not great but you still have to react to what is happening on the Pitch, Moore is Clueless and if he is still at Vale at Christmas I will be amazed.

By the Way if I was the Owner and heard that he’s going to resign if we are relegated he would be Down the Road Immediately.

The players are bottle jobs , mate 

They gave up second half and as a fan 

I can't accept that I'll never accept that 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PVP said:

I think Darren Moore will have an exit clause in his contract if Vale get relegated.  This wasn't his team, he is an ambitious and fairly successful manager and I just can't see him wanting to manage a L2 club.  

That's clearly not his attitude.

Darren Moore knew when signing on as Port Vale manager what was the team's form, what were the remaining games and who were the players in his squad.

He would certainly have factored in, as one of the potential outcomes, the possibility of having to rebuild from League 2.

Whatever the outcome of this season, I'm certain that Darren Moore will manage us next season and I'm confident that he has the ability to bring us success.

• Like 1

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

The players are bottle jobs , mate 

They gave up second half and as a fan 

I can't accept that I'll never accept that 

Yeh I totally agree with you about the Players.

But it is also the Manager’s and his Staff’s responsibility to change that attitude and he doesn’t seem to know how to.

You watch he will pick the Same Culprits again tomorrow.

Personally apart from 4 maybe 5, the rest could go today.

A lot of them will struggle to find other League Clubs.

• Like 1