onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poll: rate Port Vale's January transfer window

robf

Vote: rate Vale's January transfer window business  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Port Vale did during the 2024 January transfer window?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

14 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I’d say it’s more a Crosby problem than a Thomas problem. He had the kind of attributes that frighten defenders at this level but we chose not to exploit them which is weird to me as we had seemingly wanted him all summer. Also would say players need a run of games to show what they can do not just in one then out or give them ten minutes at the end and hope for the best, that will never get the best out of anyone. I guarantee if we had started Josh consistently he’d have contributed a lot more than Uche or Loft would have in that time.

Most of the time Thomas was here and fit we only had one, sometimes 2 fit strikers. He certainly couldn't play up front on his own. Crosby has generally started 2 forwards when he's had 3 fit. Wilson has generally sat in an advanced 10 position but allowed to make it more of a front 2 during games. He'll be forced to play when of Wilson or Loft with Mighton just behind now unless we pick up a non contract forward. That will be a problem as I think Wilson is more effective a little deeper and given more freedom. 

Advert

I fear that this latest January transfer window could be our worst ever. Our squad looks imbalanced and painfully short of goals and strikers. (Even more than the last few years, astonishingly)

We appear to want to develop young players for other clubs (Sheff Utd, Spurs, Palace, Swansea, Man U, Brighton, etc...) and leave our own young players (Shorrock, Lomax, Walters, Dipepa) on the bench.

It's very frustrating that we now have to play the home games that were postponed due to international call ups without any of those three "international" players available, plus with a much weaker squad than we had in October/November.

I can't help but feel that whoever is making the decisions that affect the football at our football club, the things happening on the pitch, is a complete moron who blunders through each day, week and month making it up as he goes along! 

I'll be very surprised (delighted but surprised) if four teams finish below us this season. 

We've lost over half our home league games so far this season and have had a high number of injuries all across the team, despite all the "protection" that has been given to the players by AC and the subsequent chopping, changing, and baffling substitutions made on the advice of the medical team. 

Still, on the bright side, we're playing Fleetwood today, rooted to the bottom of the league with a goal difference of -25. We should produce a confidence and morale-boosting performance with a convincing away win! 

UTV! 

Archived