onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF upgrade to-do list

robf

Ok, so the server switch happened. There may still be glitches for the next 24 hours but most of you seem to be OK and have moved across. The actual switch was out of my hands BTW, I simply made the request and it then filters across the Internet so there was not much more I could so than sit and wait for it to happen.

What it means is - nothing visually - but performance-wise this site has had a monumental boost and now I am confident we can ride periods of high traffic. So, that's good - but what's next?

Well the final bit is the Forum upgrade. Hopefully next week. This will mean things like:

a. FRONT PAGE - restoring the "latest posts" "your control panel" and "online users" so you can see at a glance what's going on in the forum

b. MOBILE - free mobile access of the forum for most mobile phones

c. LATEST POSTS I am hopeful that the forum upgrade will sort out the "view latest unread post" that some are reporting.

I am also hoping that the forum upgrade will not upset our Tapatalk settings. As usual, if they do and you experience problems, rather than moaning in the public forum, I'd really appreciate you emailing me and I will try and fix them. I am NOT perfect, I do make mistakes so just bear with me and if something doesn't work just let me know. I am not breaking things to spite you, I am actually doing this to make OVF better.

And that's it.

Do bear with us.

I think these few weeks of change will have massive long-term benefits and the stats do show that the vast majority are sticking with us. Thanks for the positive comments and the hugely generous donations.

I would also point out that (astonishingly) I do have a life outside of OVF and my work, wife and three kids also need time. Sometimes I (amazingly) don't feel like sitting down and working on OVF. So, I can't always fix things right away nor can I guarantee getting it right every time. I don't read everything on the forum but I do read my emails so if you want to suggest something, raise an issue or ask a question please email me and be patient if you want a reply.

Thank you!

Advert

Archived