onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Probable v Possible Buyers

Bycars Ender

Advert

I agree with paul h post. And what a director with integrity he was compared to some. The admin take over- with veto of council. Its going to be hard. Ex directors being mentioned- i dont think you can actually put all the ex directors in one box in terms of bids. Mo has expressed interest but only if its right. And this is a point which needs to be known. The council are protecting their investment. The councillors - as alluded to by pervez congratulating his labour party are very different from the council officers. Their previous could have closed us. They deal in hard facts not emotions. And that might prove a sticky point. Will the fans- who wont be shareholders anymore and have a legal voice as before when they were part of 2001- will they have to accept it? Long road. But im still standing from tuesday night

Can some one please start a thread outlining what will happen if mr Bratt was to take control of our club again? My guess, he got off easy last time

It won't happen, the administrators would have to be insane to let that happen!

A little off-topic but how do you feel about not having to stand as an interim board member? I assume from Mike Thompstone's demeanour at the Smallthorne Victory WMC meeting that he will be mighty relieved. I felt for the guy, he was obviously quite distressed at the whole thing but was willing to put himself through the ringer to do right by the club. Fair play to you both for being willing to put yourselves in the firing line.

I don't think Mike would mind me saying that neither he nor I are public speakers and it's a bit overwhelming when you have 2 or 300 people hanging on your every word.

The lack of an interim Board is down to the fact that we've gone into Admin which is bad on the staff, the players and fans and all the small and large businesses that can themselves go bust due to the money they won't receive, so I'm sad on that score but I think all potential members of the interim board were under no illusion about what lay ahead. Selfishly, I'm glad that I wasn't part of a Board whose first decision would have been to put the Club into administration.

I hope that makes sense!

Can some one please start a thread outlining what will happen if mr Bratt was to take control of our club again? My guess, he got off easy last time

i really cant see how he can m8, the clubs just gone into admin under his watch so why would they let him have it again?

I don't think Mike would mind me saying that neither he nor I are public speakers and it's a bit overwhelming when you have 2 or 300 people hanging on your every word.

The lack of an interim Board is down to the fact that we've gone into Admin which is bad on the staff, the players and fans and all the small and large businesses that can themselves go bust due to the money they won't receive, so I'm sad on that score but I think all potential members of the interim board were under no illusion about what lay ahead. Selfishly, I'm glad that I wasn't part of a Board whose first decision would have been to put the Club into administration.

I hope that makes sense!

Makes sense to me,as a shareholder oops sorry ex shareholder am glad I didn't have to vote for admin:Jesus am a nobody now :( :

you have got to believe that mo is one of the interested parties, and i know for a fact another one is the boss of a firm based in derby, they have sites in australia, singapore and dubai, the boss is based in barlaston, i know this because my daughter is an administrator for the company, she said dont say anything yet dad. but i dont think she goes on OVF. :unsure:

You have a PM

It should be said loud and clear that the majority of Vale supporters do not want Bratt or any of his former cronies connected with the club in any way, so if he is behind one of these offers he can just go and ****** off.

agree totally but they didnt listen before so if that nightmare happens they will just write of the majority as minority

A few things: 1. I'd rather take a bath in bleach than listen to Signal Radio. 2. Charles Machin has attended games at Vale Park over the past 6 years or so. He sat with his son 2 rows in front of me in the Railway Stand. 3. Hello Mr Humphreys. I hope that you and the family are all well. 4. A company dealing with underground pipes wanting to buy Port Vale FC. If it all went **** up, who better than them to plan their escape route out of Burslem!

There's a story on Signal Radio this afternoon that the administrators have had interest from 3 potential buyers already.

As long as one of them isn't snake Bratt - that's positive news isn't it. Sorry but I can't get the link to the story working.

Anybody who promises to fix the tunnel clock gets my vote.:yes:

I'm not at all surprised Mo isn't the only show in town and, as far as we know, he may not have even made a bid yet.

As per a few others I agree with Paul H's comments, especially about whoever the winning bidder is not being a chancer. We've suffered enough at the hands of Del Boys for years, the club desperately needs someone / people who run things properly and professionally for a change. I get the feeling that when we've had capable people within the club they've been restricted by the wide boy influence, which is probably why they haven't hung around. Let's hope those days are over!

Its good that we can now deal with facts on here instead of the usual V2001/Deakin spin.

3 interested parties will actually mean geniune interest and not some rubbish the ex directors thought up just to keep the fans quiet.

It makes a pleasant change:yes:

I hope that makes sense!

I understand completely where you are coming from. Thanks for the honest answer.

Archived