onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players lounge

stevesamco

A couple of times this season i have been lucky enough to have watched a game from the comfort of a box.

After the games we have gone into the players lounge for a sherbet or 2 but have been very dissappointed in the lack of numbers in there and subsequently the lack of any atmosphere.

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to open the lounge AFTER games to any supporters who may wish to attend the Man of the Match award and treat themselves to a couple of pints while there.

Just thought it might be a way of raising some more revenue.

What does everybody think ?

Advert

A couple of times this season i have been lucky enough to have watched a game from the comfort of a box.

After the games we have gone into the players lounge for a sherbet or 2 but have been very dissappointed in the lack of numbers in there and subsequently the lack of any atmosphere.

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to open the lounge AFTER games to any supporters who may wish to attend the Man of the Match award and treat themselves to a couple of pints while there.

the match awards used to be done in the main room / bar area . however due to the protest situation the board changed this to the sponsors lounge . imo it should be changed back immediately.

Another good idea, but I think we just need to fill all of our executive boxes and encourage them to go for a beer after as well.

The issue for me would be some lout who normally couldn't afford to go in there abusing a player after a loss or something. Obviously that would create a bad atmosphere which we really don't need as we have enough of a bad vibe around the club at the moment.

Also it devalues the value of having a box, and we really don't want to be losing sales on them.

Good on you for airing your views though pal, and it's only my opinion so I'm probably wrong haha.

Maybe we could do it until the end of season or something so people aren't put off for next year?

Sale Sharks do this where fans watching the game can go into the bar afterwards and end up meeting the players/owners etc.

Its always packed, especially when they played at heywood road.

I dont think that vale will benefit because they they sold the beer and food franchise to another company.

Wouldn't that contract be out the window with admin? What about selling a couple of hundred limited number tickets on the day for £20 pound that includes your first drink? Just an idea.

When Stoke moved to the Britannia Stadium I joined the Legends Club which had allowed me to drink in the Legends Bar before and after the game along with other perks (1st in line for away tickets, extra discounts in club shop etc). It was for 10 years and cost £300 and 500 people snapped them up (the maximum they were selling). Former players come in before the game and one of the players on the pitch afterwards to accept MOTM awards and it had a decent atmosphere, they do bar snacks, oatcakes, burgers the usual stuff.

With Vale needing an instant influx of cash could they not do something similar? Not sure how big it is but if 250 people did the same that's £75,000 on top of season ticket sales as well as the extra revenue on a game to game basis.

It's ideal for those who can't afford or wouldn't want to do the whole executive thing but still gives people a chance to get close to the players............

absolute great idea! why not! that alone would pay 2 perhaps 3 players wages for the season.

When Stoke moved to the Britannia Stadium I joined the Legends Club which had allowed me to drink in the Legends Bar before and after the game along with other perks (1st in line for away tickets, extra discounts in club shop etc). It was for 10 years and cost £300 and 500 people snapped them up (the maximum they were selling). Former players come in before the game and one of the players on the pitch afterwards to accept MOTM awards and it had a decent atmosphere, they do bar snacks, oatcakes, burgers the usual stuff.

With Vale needing an instant influx of cash could they not do something similar? Not sure how big it is but if 250 people did the same that's £75,000 on top of season ticket sales as well as the extra revenue on a game to game basis.

It's ideal for those who can't afford or wouldn't want to do the whole executive thing but still gives people a chance to get close to the players............

An upgrade to the sale sharks thing and i think a good one especially as you're nailed on for a number of years, something that seriously needs looking at. Nice one potter.

brilliant idea

I've been offered seats in a box probably a dozen times this season but I prefer seating in my normal seat to watch the game

I'd definitely pay a membership fee to be able to have a beer before and after the game, I'd possibly also then pay for a car park space as you could have a pint as the crowds dispersed

Archived