onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Council Leader refuses to comment

Radio Stoke tried in vein to get the Council Leader on the radio just after 5. However the conservative council basically the club needs a buyer ASAP with a business plan. However he also said if it him in charge he would find to difficult to justify giving the club more money with all current climate of cuts

If the council refuse , I'll look forward to them knocking on my door for my vote!!!!!!

The amount of money that's currently been wasted doesn't bear thinking about

Advert

Good sensible points Warren.

The situation is akin to two sides in dispute at somewhere like ACAS where in the end the ideal is that both sides (give or take a little) are happy overall with the decision. Overall I am certain because of some of the reasons given in this thread that the Council do want to help Vale. The problem is balancing this with trying to appease the non Vale supporting Stoke-on-Trent Council Tax payers. Just how difficult this is for them I found out today when a lady work colleague voiced her outrage clearly at the prospect of the Council giving another penny to Port Vale. For good measure there were others with less vocal but similar views.

IMO we must give the Council as much time as we can to work something out because the situation is a delicate one for them.

A lot of the time people in life work at perception level. They spend a few seconds thinking about things and bring in to the judgements they have reached virtually no facts, their past experience in life (particularly the bad bits) and their prejudices.

So to the political side. Most politicians, albeit with different political perspectives, strive to do the right thing with their powers. So I think they will hang in there trying to do as much as possible to get Port Vale through this and of course to secure recovery of the Council loan. Possibly the worst publicity of all would be that being written off and especially if any elections are due. But even doing the right thing and being successful is hard to sell, because the anti-public above can easily come up with a negative phrase for the media, whereas a complex set of decisions, set out in documents, involving a pile of legal and financial information etc, is just so hard to explain.

Archived