onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boycott

FRITTER

Advert

Is it a good idea to Boycott the home games? It'll end up Starving the players out, a top manager whilst the Vale board won't budge because they are being paid-a-plenty.

Why don't we protest outside their houses and don't let their cars leave the Vale Park carparks, if they want to stay that much surely they won't mind...?

I fully support this action. I don't think though, unfortunately, enough of the "I just want to watch the football" brigade will. It will be the same old faces who have protested through thick and thin who will go through with it.

You only have to look at how many signed up to SEO and then went back on their pledge prior to the Crawley game. It's been said on many occasions, but fan apathy is just as much as a problem as the board of directors. Christ, some wouldn't even hold up red cards against Macc and Cheltenham.

I would desperately encourage all fans to take part in this however. What is one game, if we can rid ourselves of the current incumbents and make for a better future?

The headline could be something like "Miss a game, save a club" (don't slate me just came into my head :D) and the article could fully underline what has happened and why urgent action is required.

maybe the home game before volunteers stand outside each of the turnstiles.

Verbally asking or handing out flyers asking people to miss a game to save our club this instead of going to main entrance.....

just a suggestion i would volunteer.....

I fully support this action. I don't think though, unfortunately, enough of the "I just want to watch the football" brigade will. It will be the same old faces who have protested through thick and thin who will go through with it.

You only have to look at how many signed up to SEO and then went back on their pledge prior to the Crawley game. It's been said on many occasions, but fan apathy is just as much as a problem as the board of directors. Christ, some wouldn't even hold up red cards against Macc and Cheltenham.

I would desperately encourage all fans to take part in this however. What is one game, if we can rid ourselves of the current incumbents and make for a better future?

How about a pledge list that could be posted in the sentinel.

This list would include the names of every person that would have otherwise gone....

How about a pledge list that could be posted in the sentinel.

This list would include the names of every person that would have otherwise gone....

Like the SEO website where people pledged not to buy season tickets but still did anyway. It wouldn't make an ounce of difference. Too many fans don't care enough to get of their backsides and make a difference, and the board ultimately know this.

Like the SEO website where people pledged not to buy season tickets but still did anyway. It wouldn't make an ounce of difference. Too many fans don't care enough to get of their backsides and make a difference, and the board ultimately know this.

Agreed.

However there'll be alot of people who would be prepared to make a stand for a single game, as opposed to a whole season

Sadly Cheeky I think your right.

I suggested a boycott on another thread, partly out of frustration and partly because I think its the only thing that will have a big enough impact.... but I dont think the majority of fans have the stomach for it... too limp wristed by half

Agreed.

However there'll be alot of people who would be prepared to make a stand for a single game, as opposed to a whole season

You really think? Some people aren't even prepared to hold red cards up. As much as this would be a brilliant show of no confidence to the board, I doubt more than 500 would actually take part. It's a sad state of affairs when people who consider themselves to be fans can't even be bothered to help save the club.

People were criticised a couple of days ago for saying these fans will "get the club they deserve". Well, I have to say, if people are willing to sit back and do nothing, this statement is entirely correct.

You really think? Some people aren't even prepared to hold red cards up. As much as this would be a brilliant show of no confidence to the board, I doubt more than 500 would actually take part. It's a sad state of affairs when people who consider themselves to be fans can't even be bothered to help save the club.

People were criticised a couple of days ago for saying these fans will "get the club they deserve". Well, I have to say, if people are willing to sit back and do nothing, this statement is entirely correct.

Point taken.

Its such a powerful message that it would be a shame to give up without trying though.

Perhaps canvassing support before a game, would give a good indication.

Good idea but i conna see it working........Yes a few hundred will boycott the game but i very much doubt as many as a 1000 never mind 4000 would boycott........:(

I disagree.

I was one of the protesters who marched to the ground and then i went in to watch the game. But not anymore. I would gladly boycott the games and have already missed the last 3 games.

This time I'm more than happy to remain outside protesting. Desperate measures are called for to rid our club of the scum masquerading as Directors.

Archived