onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams wants new signings before crewe

yorky valiant

Advert

twitters i think you think you have a short memory , you did say that the team did not need money spending on it !

All I've said on the playing budget is as follows:

I believe the playing budget should be around 50% of our overall yearly income. Is that the figure you want?

There's not a lot we can do right now to improve the team because of the loan window. We only have 8 short term loans a season and we've used one already. If we use them all and something happens later on in the season we're screwed.

So you're wrong in what you say so it's you that has the bad memory not me. I was asked to put a figure on how much of the investment we should be spending on the team and I refused to give one because that's up to the manager. So your understanding was wrong.

as for being a happy clapper you seemed pretty happy just a few days ago , although nothing is as yet confirmed as 141 questions still remain unanswered.

I said my glass is half full on the investment. I'm cautiously optimistic.

the transfer window is closed , so what . can we not loan any quality players ? the answer is yes ofcourse we can. if the player is quality he will play games, which would be a stipulation with any loan i am sure . if the player is not quality we wouldn't want him anyway. we have cash now , no longer a begging bowl ! lets see the board back the manager now. then we can all clap happily.

Very few clubs are willing to let "quality players" go out to another team. It's either youngsters after experience or fringe players going out for fitness.

tbh twitters , i have not asked for any figure on player expenditure / budget , or questioned what percentage you suggested.

it was yourself who said that it was your belief that we didn't need to strengthen as we were doing well was it not ?

you state we cannot really do anything to strengthen our team ? yes we can. championship/div 1 players who are surplus to requirement but under contract ,are available. these will in most circumstances, have superior quality to players in this division. the reason we would not normally be able to aim for these players is wage constraints , we now have the cash (supposedly) so lets back micky. if its a case of either paying the full wage or partial payment we should do it as a club, if the board are serious about the new era of ambition . show the fans they mean business.

as for only having so many loan options , who is talking about bringing in 7 players ? a right winger , right back and pacey centre half are all areas that require attention . i make that three players. we have options for both long and short term loans don't we ? we only need to use the loan system up until jan , we can then use the opening of the transfer window and bolster further. any outlay will be recouped by thousands of returning fans if this investment and further board changes are carried through . if that is the case you won't have to worry about your percentage figure being dented too much.

BHW - you've got me mistaken for someone else. I can't find a post where I said that. If you can find it I'll apologise but if you can't find it I hope you apologise for wrongly singling me out.

As an aside, Yates is more than capable at this level.

Yates more than capable. Not to me he isn't most teams in any league has pace down the flanks and when he comes up against a quick winger he gets done. He doesn't get punished most of the time because most wingers in this league cannot cross, but the better teams E.G Shrewsbury he got tied in side out. I would actually like to see a manager offer him a contract to.

Too slate the goalkeepers is harsh I think... When keepers make a mistake the result 99% of the time is inevitable, we are a league 2 team, if we had a keeper who didn't make mistakes he wouldn't play for us... Personally I think we may not be far away from having the right players... The thing I've noticed this season is that the players don't always know their role in the formation... Except at Barnet... Everyone did there own job before trying to shine, and it worked because for other than 5/10 mins we battered them and if we can do that 35 games of the season we will be up there!

Only time will tell... Sadly we will start running out of time at some point!

There are up to six clubs that have been finishing consistantly in the top places over the last few years that have bought players to put them and keep them in that position. Man City being the latest one.

Stoke have bought to establish themselves in the top flight.

I replied to a post that said, 'No matter how many players you buy it dosen't bring success', or words to that effect. Well it dose. Chelsea, Newcastle and Blackburn were near the foot of division two until money was pumped in to buy players.

If defenders don't need to be fast why are the Vale conceeding so many goals? Speed was the asset of Shrewsbury on Saturday, because Yates and Co.were not fast enough.

I dread to think what the likes of Byron Moore will do to the slow defenders of the Vale on Saturday.

M. Adams must surely be looking for at least one defender that run with some speed. The Vale defence must have a shake up before facing Crwhoo.

our defenders do not seem to be able to predict other teams moves.

sol campbell was slow, but he knew what players were going to do usually before they did.hence the reason why he was an england international and has been at top clubs for most of his career.

yes chelsea and man city have spent a lot just like other teams, however in comparison to how much they have spent, how succesful have they been?yes they are in the prem, without a doubt that is an ahievement in itself, however how much silverware have they got?

I think we are on for a potential right "tonking" at Crewe on sat.

No Roberts (which effectively means no midfield), 1 clean sheet so far and that was a fluke, a defence thats like a chocolate firequard, 2 keepers who aint up to league football standards and a failure of a manager whose judgements so far have been more designed to keep within unworkable budget constraints and not add anything worth noting to an already weak squad.

MA aint worried tho cus to use his own words before last weeks defeat - you cant sack me I am on the Board.:shifty::shifty:

I think we are on for a potential right "tonking" at Crewe on sat.

No Roberts (which effectively means no midfield), 1 clean sheet so far and that was a fluke, a defence thats like a chocolate firequard, 2 keepers who aint up to league football standards and a failure of a manager whose judgements so far have been more designed to keep within unworkable budget constraints and not add anything worth noting to an already weak squad.

MA aint worried tho cus to use his own words before last weeks defeat - you cant sack me I am on the Board.:shifty::shifty:

Yet another negative, moaning, whinging Vale fan! Or a Sjoke fan in disguise!!

If you want to support a team who never looses, who have all the worlds best players then I suggest you look at suporting another team. i.e., Man Utd or maybe even Real Madrid or Barcelona!.....but then again im sure youd still find summit whinge about!!

We are Vale & we are proud!

VTID! ===

Archived