onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exodus Geohaghon

I remember being lambasted on here for suggesting that the Darren Moore reports were true.

I don't believe we had more of a problem than any other club but to say it never happened because there didn't happen to be a camera phone on that caught it was ridiculous.

This proves that some fans have the capacity to do it.

It is pathetic.

I would fully understand though, if Exodus felt he had to leave the club :)

Fair enough, perhaps it did happen at Burton too, I thought it was a complete myth there.

You do hear racist abuse at Vale and these thugs need banning for life.

Advert

No-one has any proof that he did suffer that and no-one has even said they heard anything. The one solitary bloke on that video says it after Ex already acted like a complete tool. He was acting up all game instead of concentrating on doing his job just a tiny bit better.

Just on a side note, why wasn't there all this uproar after all the sexist chants last week?

So you are saying if provoked it is ok to racially abuse somebody?

Also I assume you haven't seen the video then? Or you watched it with the speakers off?

And Barcroft yes there was racial abuse at Burton. I have heard some bad things in the paddock too over the last couple of seasons.

No-one has any proof that he did suffer that and no-one has even said they heard anything. The one solitary bloke on that video says it after Ex already acted like a complete tool. He was acting up all game instead of concentrating on doing his job just a tiny bit better.

Just on a side note, why wasn't there all this uproar after all the sexist chants last week?

The sexist abuse, though also unacceptable, was an isolated incident born of one wrong decision. On the other hand, the abuse of Ex has been getting worse and worse. He was bound to snap eventually. I agree with you that attacking abusive fans isn't the best way to gain sympathy from the majority, but I totally empathise with his situation. Any punishment for Ex without a similarly harsh reprimand for the instigating hate-mongers would be cruelly unjust in my opinion.

So you are saying if provoked it is ok to racially abuse somebody?

Also I assume you haven't seen the video then? Or you watched it with the speakers off?

And Barcroft yes there was racial abuse at Burton. I have heard some bad things in the paddock too over the last couple of seasons.

Lol, where did he say that?

And if you've heard racial abuse, didn't you report it?

No, I'm not saying that, you've got that wrong, sorry. :(

I'm saying you can't say he was reacting to racist abuse as the one racist voice you can hear is after his cuntish behaviour. I've seen it though yeah. With the sound on too, even with headphones just to check if any of the words changed. They didn't.

Bit harsh, based on one wrong decision. At least the abuse to Exodus is based on a bad decision a minute...

Both should have been arrested. The racist probably won't be able to be traced now, Ex should punished either way. Throw the key away.

I didn't say it wasn't harsh, I said that one half-@rsed chant was communicated in response to one bad decision. That hardly equates to the abuse Ex has to endure. Gannon's incessant picking of him has allowed the situation to get totally out of hand. However, I don't expect you to admit Gannon's culpability, judging by your pictured allegiance.

I do agree. It's Gannon's fault and have no idea why he's in the team. I don't see how that's relevant though, his actions were a disgrace and had he not been a player he would have been arrested. There was no mass racism, that's a fact, there may have been one that caused him to kick off but he clearly wasn't gunning for just one fan. Footballer's can't go kicking off when they're abused, tools like Robbie Savage would be in the crowd every week!

It's relevant because a lot of the abuse that Ex gets is not because he is so poor, but because he plays every week regardless of his performances. No player is safe apart from him. If he came on as a sub occasionally there would be murmurings, but no booing. By putting him in the limelight week in week out, Gannon has caused this to happen. However, the video is very unclear in terms of what actually happened. Everyone involved should be punished, but the initial provocation should minimise his penalty in my opinion. As usual the individuals who cast a dark shadow over travelling support will get away unscathed.

This racism lark annoys me so much. I've been on the receiving end of racism countless times, I don't go and punch the people who are guilty of it though, do I? How you can take racism personally is beyond me.

If anything happens with the appeal I hope that's the case next time someone shouts 'bald/fat/ginger/short *******' at someone.

This racism lark annoys me so much. I've been on the receiving end of racism countless times, I don't go and punch the people who are guilty of it though, do I? How you can take racism personally is beyond me.

If anything happens with the appeal I hope that's the case next time someone shouts 'bald/fat/ginger/short *******' at someone.

Usually quite a bright spark are you really saying calling somebody bald/fat/ginger etc is the same???

Did baldies/fatties/gingers have 100s of years of oppression and slavery? Were baldies/fatties/gingers only accepted into society by the masses less than one hundred years ago? Have baldies/fatties/gingers fought for years to be treated as equals?

No, but of course if you were called any of the above it would be just as bad.

Football fans in racism shock!

Do I condone racism? No, not at any time in any context...

Do I think those who spout this rubbish should be banned? Yes...

Am I surprised? No...

What more do people want from this? It has been acknowledged. It has been condemned. It is wrong. What next?

The suspicion remains that some of the posters who really love Gannon and/or the Board on here have seized on this to beat others with. "Look how awful Black and Gold is...they are racists"...

Gegannon doesn't really deserve any abuse. Its not his fault he's cr@p. Neither is it his fault that Gannon picks him. He can control his temper, however and he needs to leave asap, as he is doing no good by staying.

Don't be distracted - Gannon remains the issue here, ditto the Board - a few racist morons do not change any of that, no matter how much some wish it would.

Football fans in racism shock!

What more do people want from this? It has been acknowledged. It has been condemned. It is wrong. What next?

The suspicion remains that some of the posters who really love Gannon and/or the Board on here have seized on this to beat others with. "Look how awful Black and Gold is...they are racists"...

Wouldn't it be a nicer world we lived in if your first line was true.

What more do people want?

For racism at any level to be a thing of the past??

For people to be appauled by it?

For people to name and shame the scumbag?

For this incident NOT to be swept under the carpet and forgotten?

Noone has said B&G are racist. Please show me where this has been said.

I am quite shocked at the response on here to be honest. I just assumed everyone hated racists and like me thought that racism can NEVER be justified. Seems the thoughts of a few on here are if you are provoked you can say what you want.

I'm not surprised this racism has popped up again though. Vale have some very undesirable fans. Would any of you go and sit in the corner of the paddock with your kids?

You're over-reacting in a big way WV but any excuse to have a go at Vale fans eh? There is a problem with race in Stoke-on-Trent as a whole. Hence why quite a few people vote BNP. Quite a few Vale fans don't want Mo because of his race.

However, this isn't widespread throughout the stands. This is an individual few who have more tattoos than brain cells and need banning. The VAST majority are decent and deplore racism! Let's not group everyone in the same way just because we have a scummy few!

I said my piece to Gannon at HT by the players tunnel...........At FT i stood about 40mts from the Exodus incident, i did not hear any racial abuse. Granted when i listened to the youtube video i did hear him being racially abused by one person..Why tar everyone with the same brush.

Gannon AND Exodus will NOT be at the training ground this morning.

Archived