onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

E-mail to Football League

pjg1876

I have just sent this e-mail to the Football League, I will make you aware of any response.

Is there anything the Football League can do about the ongoing 'political' situation at Port Vale.

I have been a supporter of the club for over 45 years, I am also a Life Member and Shareholder and the club appears to be being dragged into the mire because of three directors who, despite having lost a vote of no confidence last week, still remain at the helm. I therefore fear for the long term future of the club and fear that administration is just around the corner.

The chairman, Bill Bratt, has stated on numerous occasions through the media that he will step down from the Board if the supporters don't want him. Despite the 'onevalefan' website being full of comments asking him to go plus the vote of no confidence at last week's EGM, he is still the Chairman. A petition is now being completed on the internet telling him and his fellow directors what is felt about them. One of the other directors (Glenn Oliver) has asked fans to suggest ways to bring harmony back into the club but I fear that the only means of achieving this is for the three directors to resign. Responses to his request can also be found on the 'onevalefan' website.

An invitation to appoint Mark Sims to the board has been met with disruption and delay due to the directors and CEO all being out of the country. Firstly, it appears that Mark Sims’ application to the Football League regarding the Owners And Directors Test has not been counter-signed by the club causing delay and his desire to looks at the Company's books is being held up by club officials not being available. This has now left the club unable to function properly as it only has three directors so Micky Adams, the club manager, has put himself forward to be elected to the Board of Directors in order for him to be able to sign players. However, this move would make it even more difficult to remove the current directors as he is hardly likely to vote against his employers. The club also wish to appoint two directors from an American company who have no past links with the club, while a multi millionaire local business man who wishes to put money into the club is completely ignored by the Directors.

When V2001 was set up, the club was supposed to be owned by the fans but this has severely been undermined by the current Directors and as such, the shares bought by ordinary fans appear to have been mis-sold. Several groups have been set up to try to force a change of leadership but with the three directors currently in-situ, this is now threatening the future of the club. The Starve 'Em Out campaign (SEO) has been set up with the aim of members not buying Season Tickets, depriving the club of essential funds for the forthcoming season and thereby forcing the directors out. However, the resolve of the current Directors means that this campaign is threatening the future of the club.

Now there is now an issue over the erection of a statue for our longest ever serving legendary player, Roy Sproson, who was also the manager of the club in the 1970's. Contractors turned up to begin the work but were turned away by club official due to paperwork issues despite a meeting being held by the committee with the club recently where everything appeared to be in place. This situation highlights the depths that the Board of Directors are willing to go to just to upset the true fans and has to be seen to be believed. Even the local press who have been supportive of the Board in the past appear to be turning.

In my years supporting the club, we have been through some lean and upsetting times but I have never felt so embarrassed to be associated with the club as I am at present. Something needs to be done quickly to stop this ongoing dispute but I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

Advert

Do you have a contact at the FL or did you send it to the generic e-mail address? I am desperately trying to get a name so we can ALL e-mail and it won't just be seen by the lakey's.

Just generic e-mail address

Do you have a contact at the FL or did you send it to the generic e-mail address? I am desperately trying to get a name so we can ALL e-mail and it won't just be seen by the lakey's.

Here are a couple. You can probably guess the e-mail addresses of other people there from the format of these

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/PressOfficeContacts/0,,10794~628415,00.html

Very good letter. Ive been saying since the EGM, surely the FA or FL should intervene and help the club out. Were basically hi-jacked at the monet, for the sake of peoples salarys and demand for power. 7 months protesting and trying desperately hard to oust them from the helm and were still no-where. Its now starting to hit the national press. We need some severe help here and the FL should be there for the good of the club.

Well done great letter.

the rep for league 2 is: http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleagueboard/profiles/20090622/anthony-kleanthous_2293576_1356469

the CEO is: http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleagueboard/profiles/20100626/greg-clarke_2293576_2019170

dunno if that helps

Thanks guys, I've just had a very good conversation with the FL. The generic e-mail address is the one to use. [email protected]

The person I spoke to seemed aware of what was going on at Vale although the guy we need to speak to is, guess where? yep Cyprus. I have been assured that any e-mails we send will be personally handed to this guy when he returns on Monday with a full briefing of our conversation. So please e-mail way, don't be abusive just give full details of the farce that is Port Vale and our Board of Directors. Please feel free to include any open letters from B&G, SEO and NLV and don't forget to include detail of the Sproson Fund debacle.

Thanks guys, I've just had a very good conversation with the FL. The generic e-mail address is the one to use. [email protected]

The person I spoke to seemed aware of what was going on at Vale although the guy we need to speak to is, guess where? yep Cyprus. I have been assured that any e-mails we send will be personally handed to this guy when he returns on Monday with a full briefing of our conversation. So please e-mail way, don't be abusive just give full deatils of the farce that is Port Vale

Good work Caroline. Thats Brilliant. We need to start addressing the right people now and informing as many people as possible what is happening to our club.

Archived