onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Respectful Reminder To Shareholders

Dear Shareholders,

May I respectfully remind you that the EGM is solely about the fate of the current board.

The board would have you believe otherwise given their recent press campaign distributing malicious and misleading propaganda about MC the person, his business interests and his motives (interestingly very little about the bid itself).

The timing of the press release yesterday by BB was again a cynical attempt to distort rational thinking and the issues before the shareholders at the EGM, emphasized by BB's astonishing statement that timing of the press release regarding the US investment had nothing to do with the imminent EGM - if so, why not wait for 7 days until after the EGM before releasing?

The board would have shareholders believe the EGM is about the bids:

1. Vote for the board and Ameriturf;

2. Vote against the board and for MC.

I will state the obvious - the EGM is purely about the fate of this board. It is a vote of no confidence.

If the vote is successful, the current board will be dismissed and an interim board will be appointed to then consider both bids - Ameriturf and MC.

I would urge all readers alike to impress the sole purpose of the EGM upon the shareholders.

Kind Regards.

Advert

Guest Dan Phillips
I think most on here get it, as you so eloquently say, getting it out to the none tinternet Vale shareholder is the MISSION now. We can only do us best.

I understand where you're coming from Pete, but trust me, there's a fair few fence-sitters on here that can't seem to understand the fact that this vote is purely for whether or not you have confidence in the current Board, and NOTHING to do with Mo's bid in the slightest. Admittedly, it won't be the larger audience recieving this message, but i'm pretty sure a large proporton of the shareholders on here know people who don't have Internet access who can pass on the information or can use this message to persuade those that do not understand it is not voting for one bid or another. :yes:

I understand where you're coming from Pete, but trust me, there's a fair few fence-sitters on here that can't seem to understand the fact that this vote is purely for whether or not you have confidence in the current Board, and NOTHING to do with Mo's bid in the slightest. Admittedly, it won't be the larger audience recieving this message, but i'm pretty sure a large proporton of the shareholders on here know people who don't have Internet access who can pass on the information or can use this message to persuade those that do not understand it is not voting for one bid or another. :yes:

I've bored everyone I know. ===

Dear Shareholders,

I will state the obvious - the EGM is purely about the fate of this board. It is a vote of no confidence.

If the vote is successful, the current board will be dismissed and an interim board will be appointed to then consider both bids - Ameriturf and MC.

I

Kind Regards.

Sorry if I am being thick, but assuming that the vote of no confidence is successful, who decides which people (and how many people) will make up the interim board, and what timescale would that be over ? How would the budget fopr players be affected ? No agenda here, just would like to know as it may affect my final decision.

Bea Smith...the interim Board would look at investment fairly and would get much needed investment for the club before it dies on it's feet.

The interim Boards would be temporary but would do more for Port Vale than V2001 have ever done.....the most important thing is that the V2001 nightmare would be over otherwise the club has lost at least half of the fan base and will be in non-league playing on plastic like a college team.

Bea Smith...the interim Board would look at investment fairly and would get much needed investment for the club before it dies on it's feet.

The interim Boards would be temporary but would do more for Port Vale than V2001 have ever done.....the most important thing is that the V2001 nightmare would be over otherwise the club has lost at least half of the fan base and will be in non-league playing on plastic like a college team.

Thanks for your reply, but the question was ... who actually decides who will be on the interim board ? It's a straigtforward question with no intention to windup, take sides, or anything to upset people. I am intreagued because it would seem there is a power vacuum.... how is it filled.

Whether the interim board does good things, and whether they will be better than v2001 is not part of my question.

ps also very tired, so excuse the bad spelling :-)

Thanks for your reply, but the question was ... who actually decides who will be on the interim board ? It's a straigtforward question with no intention to windup, take sides, or anything to upset people. I am intreagued because it would seem there is a power vacuum.... how is it filled.

Whether the interim board does good things, and whether they will be better than v2001 is not part of my question.

I am more tired than you. However, I have been worrying over this for at least since Glover. Anything is better than this incompetent and frankly compromised shower and we have to take a leap into the future. Do nothing and we go down. Reach out for the "crazy madness!" of local investment and a decent business plan. Oh lordy lordy the choices? I say go for it. Do you think the new incumbents will be less scrutinised? We will watch them like hawks.

PS: how it's filled is up to the share holders. Or the administrator's executor.

I think it was said to be Mark Sims and his sidekick right hand man plus

possibly one or two others.....maybe one of the original former Directors and

perhaps a member of NLV....the first two certainly the last two clutching at straws to be honest...it is clearly mentioned somehwere on OVF and the clever people will help us out in the morning....but suffice to say sound people with the clubs best interests at heart which will make a change.

Hello Bea, if you are a shareholder you will have received the relevant make up of the interim board.

If you havent, then the proposal is for Mark Simms, Mike Thomson (ex director) and another bloke whose name escapes me at the minute but Im sure he is a CEO of BGC??

Once this interim board is in place, they will then put to the shareholders to vote on any investment proposals which up until yesterday there only seemed to be Mr Chaudrys offer on the table but now seems to have been joined by this American interest. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong :)

Archived