onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two guilty of Lee Rigby murder.

melv

Firstly you did say five.

Yes I did but see Post 23.

I never said it did.

See post 104. Debate over 'til you can come up with something to stop or at least reduce these tragic events, it has to be more than Police and Intel.

we can actually do an eye for an eye.i dont mean capital punishment, i mean if someone kills someone, no matter what race/religion they are, then they should be thrown in prison and never, ever come out.that would be an actual deterrent.no computers, no tvs in prison. imo if you kill someone then you should lose all right to human rights, as you have clearly taken someone elses.

Advert

Yes I did but see Post 23.

I never said it did.

See post 104. Debate over 'til you can come up with something to stop or at least reduce these tragic events, it has to be more than Police and Intel.

There has been one Islamic terrorist attack on UK soil in the last 7-8 years. So what you are saying, is that unless we can come up with a way to make sure terrorism never happens, then you have some how trumped us? So I have to presume that your 'idea' would rid the world of terrorism completely? While you are at it, could you sort out world poverty, war and global warming while you're at it.

Truth is, when you have individuals working alone, who don't care if they die, then you can never stop the threat.

You haven't suggested a workable way of reducing terorrism. Until you can explain how it would work, then there never was a debate to be over, because you haven't out anything out there for the real world. Anyone can suggest mad ideas that are impossible, it doesn't make you the next Pythagoras/Aristotle/capernicus! When you put out ideas such as what you have, then it's for you to substantiate or it can be dismissed. It's not a case of having to come up with a solution to world terrorism or therefore you're right. I might as well say we should design a machine that can read minds so we know when someone is planning an attack. Total nonsense but until you come up with better, checkmate capernicus!

we can actually do an eye for an eye.i dont mean capital punishment, i mean if someone kills someone, no matter what race/religion they are, then they should be thrown in prison and never, ever come out.that would be an actual deterrent.no computers, no tvs in prison. imo if you kill someone then you should lose all right to human rights, as you have clearly taken someone elses.

It still wouldn't prevent a suicide bomber.

Exactly. Especially when they are UK born.

the reason why it will never be stopped is because these people say they are muslim, but they are not.if they were they would be peaceful, not aggressive.muslims do not condone violence.so yeah you could throw all muslims out of britain, but it wouldnt solve anything because they are not muslim, they are idiots.

the reason why it will never be stopped is because these people say they are muslim, but they are not.if they were they would be peaceful, not aggressive.muslims do not condone violence.so yeah you could throw all muslims out of britain, but it wouldnt solve anything because they are not muslim, they are idiots.

That's right, blame it all on the atheists! :)

Don't completely agree. There are some violent Muslims, yet most aren't. Just the same with Christians, Jews, atheists, etc. Just saying they aren't Muslims absolves those communities from playing their part in helping to stop it.

That's right, blame it all on the atheists! :)

Don't completely agree. There are some violent Muslims, yet most aren't. Just the same with Christians, Jews, atheists, etc. Just saying they aren't Muslims absolves those communities from playing their part in helping to stop it.

i understand what you are saying.ok, the muslims that do harm to others dont follow all of the quran, which demands peace, not war.

what i mean is, if you say you are a muslim, you should go by them rules, just like christians and other religions.i'm an atheist, i believe there may have been someone that people looked up to but i do not see any rational explanation that is to say he/she was anything more than a spiritual or natural healer, poor example i know but nowadays things like massages relaxes people, maybe it was the same but has been over dramatized over the years?you know what i mean :)

i understand what you are saying.ok, the muslims that do harm to others dont follow all of the quran, which demands peace, not war.

what i mean is, if you say you are a muslim, you should go by them rules, just like christians and other religions.i'm an atheist, i believe there may have been someone that people looked up to but i do not see any rational explanation that is to say he/she was anything more than a spiritual or natural healer, poor example i know but nowadays things like massages relaxes people, maybe it was the same but has been over dramatized over the years?you know what i mean :)

You can find parts of religious books that are extremely violent, and other parts that preach peace. But that's another can of worms.

You can find parts of religious books that are extremely violent, and other parts that preach peace. But that's another can of worms.

i'll be perfectly honest, i havent read the quran, i'm going by my friends that are muslim so i cant really comment. i just know how annoyed he gets every time there is a suicide bomber or stuff, as he is a devout muslim, prays everyday and stuff.

have you read it?

i'll be perfectly honest, i havent read the quran, i'm going by my friends that are muslim so i cant really comment. i just know how annoyed he gets every time there is a suicide bomber or stuff, as he is a devout muslim, prays everyday and stuff.

have you read it?

Parts, small parts, but have read passages that have been peaceful, but there are parts that are extremely violent, in an Old Testament kind of way. Not surprising due to the similar origins of the relgions. You can find Jesus in there, as well as (I think) Old Testament figures such as Abraham, Noah, lot (sodom and Gomorrah). To be honest Muslims and Christians have so much more in common spiritually than they have with atheists or other religions such as Hinduism and Sikhism. Instead of embracing their similarities they disagree over the small print. Just a shame that the small print tells them the enemy is those who believe in false gods.

Parts, small parts, but have read passages that have been peaceful, but there are parts that are extremely violent, in an Old Testament kind of way. Not surprising due to the similar origins of the relgions. You can find Jesus in there, as well as (I think) Old Testament figures such as Abraham, Noah, lot (sodom and Gomorrah). To be honest Muslims and Christians have so much more in common spiritually than they have with atheists or other religions such as Hinduism and Sikhism. Instead of embracing their similarities they disagree over the small print. Just a shame that the small print tells them the enemy is those who believe in false gods.

so what you mean is they believe in similar gods, or maybe even the same god, just called different with different morals maybe?

call me thick if you want haha

so what you mean is they believe in similar gods, or maybe even the same god, just called different with different morals maybe?

call me thick if you want haha

I suppose it depends on what your religious point of view is. You can find similarities, themes and links through many religions through the ages, stories passed on etc. things like the virgin birth and redirection can be found in older religions. So it's even more intertwined than that.

If you believe in your god, then that's the only god and others are all wrong. However if you aren't religious, then they are man made, with the same origins, stories and even characters at times. These religions moved from many gods to one god. At similar times. So not the same god as such, but close cousins. Morality wise, they mirror the morality of the time, hence some of the passages which are morally hard to stomach today (attitudes to woman and slaves for example).

In a nutshell, it's like the same film made by different directors. Names may change but the characters and themes are the same. God/Allah, Jesus/Muhammad, praise god and you go to heaven, don't praise god and you will be in eternal pain. All set in an environment of misogyny and the use of slaves.

Archived