onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We need a bigger ground :)

grebovale

Tongue in cheek with this thread but I remember a while back we were talking about moving to a new ground with 10,000 capacity,not a chance in hell after last night,finish the Lorne Street and our capacity goes over 20,000 and that won't be big enough when we make It to the Championship league or dare I dream the ........ HO another point.. Please get them other turnstiles at the Bycars fixed :)

Advert

I know there are problems with Vale Park but for most it is the only home we have ever known... Any talk of moving to a new smaller purpose built ground should end after last night firstly it is unrealistic because of the cost and secondly the lack of ambition it shows proven by the 10,000+ home supporters. I know it was reduced prices but I remember dozens of games in the championship where the away end was full and the home support was 8,000+ at full price and I'm not on about games against Stoke but league games against Wolves, Derby, Sheffield, Man City etc add to that all of the fantastic high profile cup games (win or lose) and I for one hope to see us there again and at, the improving, Vale Park.

I know there are problems with Vale Park but for most it is the only home we have ever known... Any talk of moving to a new smaller purpose built ground should end after last night firstly it is unrealistic because of the cost and secondly the lack of ambition it shows proven by the 10,000+ home supporters. I know it was reduced prices but I remember dozens of games in the championship where the away end was full and the home support was 8,000+ at full price and I'm not on about games against Stoke but league games against Wolves, Derby, Sheffield, Man City etc add to that all of the fantastic high profile cup games (win or lose) and I for one hope to see us there again and at, the improving, Vale Park.

Wise words indeed Mr L.

Finish the Lorne st off to a good standard for families...Maybe leave the current family stand empty as an overspill, we could get advertising boards in there when it's not used. Modernise the reamining parts of the ground, and we are ready for the championship in my opinion...

The one thing yesterday might do is to get people to think more about getting a season ticket ! I was one of many panicking at 4.30 when the 'sold out' signs were going up in the paddock.

Archived