onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pre season fixtures

Firstly apologies to all those Ive peed off on the forum, it was nothing personal just pure frustration for the club I love !!!!! My point is even at pre season I was concerned at the poor recruitment which may have been masked by the quality of the routine pre-season friendly’s - Newcastle town, , kidsgrove etc. I understand that this brings in revenue for the local non league teams but shouldn’t we be playing a higher standard as a bench mark to the for coming season. 

Advert

21 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Firstly apologies to all those Ive peed off on the forum, it was nothing personal just pure frustration for the club I love !!!!! My point is even at pre season I was concerned at the poor recruitment which may have been masked by the quality of the routine pre-season friendly’s - Newcastle town, , kidsgrove etc. I understand that this brings in revenue for the local non league teams but shouldn’t we be playing a higher standard as a bench mark to the for coming season. 

Nothing wrong with playing Newcastle, Kidsgrove and other local teams as it gives us a good base to work from as pre-season progresses and the quality of opposition hopefully improves, plus fans generally enjoy these games, especially if the weather’s good.  Moore seemed to indicate we’d be playing a few more friendlies against teams from higher leagues this season so we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Nothing wrong with playing Newcastle, Kidsgrove and other local teams as it gives us a good base to work from as pre-season progresses and the quality of opposition hopefully improves, plus fans generally enjoy these games, especially if the weather’s good.  Moore seemed to indicate we’d be playing a few more friendlies against teams from higher leagues this season so we’ll have to wait and see.

Agree but we need to throw a couple of more testing friendlies alongside the usual local ones. Something like Kidsgrove, Newcastle Town, Oldham, Notts County, Sheffield Wednesday & Aston Villa I’d go 😃

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It won't be anything remotely glamorous. 

Maybe Stockport, Wrexham or Rotherham!! 

Stockport would be a good shout & a stern test 👍🏻 

2 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:

Notts County are in the same league, I doubt we will play a friendly.

Why? Gives us an idea of that level & it’s not like teams don’t play pre season friendlies against others in their league. It does happen 

Why? Gives us an idea of that level & it’s not like teams don’t play pre season friendlies against others in their league. It does happen 
It's not usually a thing that happens, maybe a behind closed door friendly or training camp friendly, yes.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:
3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

It's not usually a thing that happens, maybe a behind closed door friendly or training camp friendly, yes.

True, more so in the premier league & championship but no reason why it can’t be a possibility. After all we like to be different 

True, more so in the premier league & championship but no reason why it can’t be a possibility. After all we like to be different 
West Brom at home could be a possibility, with Moore's links. Depends how they get on in the play offs though.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matlock Vale said:
2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

West Brom at home could be a possibility, with Moore's links. Depends how they get on in the play offs though.

Yeah I thought of them & they’re pretty local. We definitely need a more difficult pre season in regards to the quality of opposition this year