onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keep fighting vale

Its absolutly shocking whats happened at vale,being a stoke fan i for one hope you pull through and live to fight another day.Wheather it vale or stoke if you are a football fan the last thing you want to see is any club to go under let alone one from your home town,so keep fighting vale.

Advert

Its absolutly shocking whats happened at vale,being a stoke fan i for one hope you pull through and live to fight another day.Wheather it vale or stoke if you are a football fan the last thing you want to see is any club to go under let alone one from your home town,so keep fighting vale.

kind words my friend much appreciated

and dunnerworrymarmate we will be back ============

Thanks mate,unfortunately you may be in the minority,I work with 7 stoke fans on the night shift,not one of them have said they hope we survive,

Nice one Stokie. Thanks.

Not sure that's true to be fair. About a dozen off us were chatting about Vale's situation in the pub before the Swansea game and not one person wished this situation on Vale fans. In our Stoke office at work again apart from a couple of people there has been nothing but sympathy. In fact there's a couple of Vale fans at work who still blame the fans for the current situation and won't have a bad word to say about Bratt et al. It's scary really how out of touch they are with what's going on under their noses.

You'll get idiots on both sides but every reasonable football fan would want Vale to come out of this unscathed. I never understand the pure hatred on both sides. Rivalries such as Pompey/Southampton and Newcastle/Sunderland are slightly different as it extends beyond the club, it's the inter city rivalry as well.

But Vale and Stoke fans generally work together, go to school together, drink in the same pubs, play football with each other. There's always that bond whether people admit it or not.

And any resident of Stoke-on-Trent who would rather see a young kid wearing a Chelsea or Manchester United top when they have no link towards the club instead of a Vale/Stoke top is short sighted. There is room in the city for two clubs, and Vale can come out of this stronger I have no doubt.

Keep the faith.....................

I think you are right, I work with a number of Stoke fans and they all wish us well and yes we should be able to co-exist.

============

Not sure that's true to be fair. About a dozen off us were chatting about Vale's situation in the pub before the Swansea game and not one person wished this situation on Vale fans. In our Stoke office at work again apart from a couple of people there has been nothing but sympathy. In fact there's a couple of Vale fans at work who still blame the fans for the current situation and won't have a bad word to say about Bratt et al. It's scary really how out of touch they are with what's going on under their noses.

You'll get idiots on both sides but every reasonable football fan would want Vale to come out of this unscathed. I never understand the pure hatred on both sides. Rivalries such as Pompey/Southampton and Newcastle/Sunderland are slightly different as it extends beyond the club, it's the inter city rivalry as well.

But Vale and Stoke fans generally work together, go to school together, drink in the same pubs, play football with each other. There's always that bond whether people admit it or not.

And any resident of Stoke-on-Trent who would rather see a young kid wearing a Chelsea or Manchester United top when they have no link towards the club instead of a Vale/Stoke top is short sighted. There is room in the city for two clubs, and Vale can come out of this stronger I have no doubt.

Top post mate, my Dad's a Stoke fan and he's still proud that I support Vale. Maybe he feels sorry for me actually. :(

Its true mate I was talking with them last night and not one of them said : I hope Vale survive : fair enough they didnt say tuff $hit .

thanks.I was shocked to see chester disapear so know what your saying

Chester flying high and averaging more than they were as a league club. Although I'm certain it won't come to this for Vale a solution will be found.............

Went to see Chester v Stafford a couple of weeks ago.

The fans of Chester are so proud to have their OWN CLUB. Gates are up and they are heading upwards again, just as Telford did.

Main thing is to reform, get the council to take on the ground and lease it back for a small rent. Start down the leagues and have real fun turning up at small clubs with 1000 Vale fans all looking for a good day out.

With a new name, new focus and fans ownership the smiles will be back.

The media coverage is consistently referring to winding up order. This is usually the final nail in the coffin where a receiver is appointed whose sole aim is liquidation. But it seems to me we are likely to be at an earlier stage called a statutory demand. If so there is still hope and options including administration. It is very fortunate indeed that the main creditor is the Council which can have social and economic well being dimensions in its decision making even if it is duty bound to try to get the loan repaid as best as possible.

With regard to Stoke fans, I'm sure many will refrain from comment to avoid causing offence. That is a natural reaction and probably supportive.

If Port Vale do go out of business and come back 7 divisions below etc, I won't drive 3,500 miles plus a year to watch home games. I am afraid I will switch to my second club Tranmere. But of course I would continue to take a keen interest in Port Vale.

Look fellows i have a look on the oatcake message board(dont post as im barred)quite frequently and look at some of the comments on there about vale,and im really supprised at the comments.Most of the comments are from kids who proberly started supporting stoke in the late 80s early 90s when admittedly vale had a better team so there was a rivalry,but alot dont understand that there is a history not neccesary with success but as tunstallpotter said both sets of fans work/drink/play together(not in a sexual way) but these days stoke are in a strong position and unfortunatly vale are,nt but lets not forget vale are stoke on trent just like stoke are,so lets hope that somebody can come in and invest some much needed funds to get the vale out of the mess they are in.I live overseas and have done for twenty odd years so the only information i get is on websites and not from the pub,so what ive been reading lately is pretty tragic but you will proberly find its the majority of stokies not the minority who want the vale to do well.......Lets hope so anyway

Archived