onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who would buy Shares?

Advert

If it helped to save our club I would be prepared to donate, I had no say whatsoever in V2001even though I owned shares, so not having a say in a future investment wouldn't bother me,helping to save Port Vale Football Club is far more important
It will depend on the plan being put to the fans, some will decide to invest if asked to, as last time it would be a donation. The only previous benefit being a yearly look at the accounts.

If it helped to save our club I would be prepared to donate, I had no say whatsoever in V2001even though I owned shares, so not having a say in a future investment wouldn't bother me,helping to save Port Vale Football Club is far more important

If the club was under the control of an administrator I would, like many fans, be willing to donate a few hundred pounds or to buy shares of that value. It is essential that the current board or anyone connected with it are not in control and never could be again for me to do that.

Without due diligence one never knows, but ignoring the Council loan the totality of debts doesn't look irrecoverable with such a scheme and I expect the Council will be happy to get the business back on track and repaying instalments.

A lot of people have commented here about transparency and accountability. What happened in the past is that the fans became shareholders and wanted a community interest company. What they got was a private limited company with certain shareholders able to control it and stand outside accountability and transparency in doing so. They then even felt able to alienate the fans and shareholders.

So they way forward has to be a genuine community interest company established on that corporate basis. Otherwise the way forward can only be to sell the business to an owner like Mo Chaudry. That way the fans become fans, but for a while at least they are confident the company will be managed in a business like fashion.

The current situation is worst of all worlds.

Maybe Robbie will wait for all the depts to be cleared and then snap up a bargain :shutup:

The idea that there will ever be a bargain is wrong. The club can enter administration for purposes of leaving it with an agreed plan to repay the debts - whoever is then in control. I suppose the creditors may be forced to settle for part of their debts if the alternative of liquidation will provide less of a return.

The Council is key here. I think the club can find a new owner through administration if the Council hold firm. It does not look like the other debts are unmanageable to a new owner as a price to pay provided the shareholders take the hit, guarantees are called in and unpaid up shares are paid for etc. Of course a close examination of the books may be a ghost train horror, but the two directors on stage at Smallthorne last week did not say the club was in that much trouble when they resigned.

Archived