onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do We Offer Value For Money?

ollyandpatch

Putting aside all of the politics for just a second, Vale's season ticket pricing is good. But this appeals only to pre-existing fans.

The issue of value for money is most apparent in terms of attracting occasional and new fans. If pay on the gate prices are high, this acts as a disincentive, especially in comparison to other leisure industry prices, where you are also more than likely guaranteed a quality experience.

As a result, high pay on the gate prices limit the potentail fan base, rather than weaken the existing fan base.

For clubs at the lower end of the professional spectrum, such as the Vale, it is imperative to attract new fans and increase the frequnecy of attendance amongst occasional fans.

The football in the community scheme can do all it can to increase the profile of the club to younger potential fans, but unless their families view match-day attendance as affordable and value for money, they will not come.

The Vale, and many other clubs, operate a very short term view on match-day pricing.

Advert

Putting aside all of the politics for just a second, Vale's season ticket pricing is good. But this appeals only to pre-existing fans.

The issue of value for money is most apparent in terms of attracting occasional and new fans. If pay on the gate prices are high, this acts as a disincentive, especially in comparison to other leisure industry prices, where you are also more than likely guaranteed a quality experience.

As a result, high pay on the gate prices limit the potentail fan base, rather than weaken the existing fan base.

For clubs at the lower end of the professional spectrum, such as the Vale, it is imperative to attract new fans and increase the frequnecy of attendance amongst occasional fans.

The football in the community scheme can do all it can to increase the profile of the club to younger potential fans, but unless their families view match-day attendance as affordable and value for money, they will not come.

The Vale, and many other clubs, operate a very short term view on match-day pricing.

It is all a long way off, but Vale is in bad need of modern facilaties aswell as a decent pricing structure. Without both of those together we are a long way off attracting a new fanbase.

Agreed. If come the end of the season we have nothing to really play for, why don't we reduce math day prices on the gate, say to the price it would have been if you had a season ticket. Launch a big advertising campaign, so everyone knows about it, and see how many turn up. If we are doing so well money-wise then doing this for one game at the end of the season, when we would have a poor gate anyway, should not make too much of a difference. The other thing we could do is meal deals with the food, something many other clubs do, but something I haven't seen at Vale.

I took my cousin and his son last season (Accy at home, we won 2-1 I think). His son LOVED it, he gets in free for the next 3 years, but my cousin simply won't pay £20.50 on the gate (I 'treated' them by paying for that game), nor will he commit to buying a season ticket in case his son ends up wanting to do something else with his Saturdays. He said he would gladly pay £10 on the gate when ever his son wants to go, £15 every now and again, but at £20.50 he is unlikely to attend again.

I think we don't really offer value for money, but then again, do many football teams offer value for money when you consider what else you could spend the money on? If we are talking about comparing us to other football teams, then I still think we are a little bit on the steep side, but we are not too over priced compared to some.

We have no value for money. I will defintly be going a few Bolton game this season. Looking forward to it last game I went there was When they played Villa at the reebok last season 5th march.

I'll be having a club membership too.

If I still lived around North Staffs, I can pretty much say for certain that I'd be getting a season ticket for Wigan this year.

If I still lived around North Staffs, I can pretty much say for certain that I'd be getting a season ticket for Wigan this year.

It sounds a good deal, there the same as Bolton. Both clubs better standard of football, facilaties light years ahead of vale and better pricing system. Lower league football is going under.

The club membership I am gettin will be £20 fo the season and mean I get tickets cheper than league two clubs.

Archived