onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scoring more than once...

valeparklife

Since December, we have only scored more than once, 6 times, out of 20 games. The most we have scored in a match has been 2 goals this year. The last time we scored 3 goals was 23rd November, 5-0 away at Stockport.

As soon as Stockport scored yesterday i couldn't help thinking the best we can hope for now is a 1-1 draw cos we won't score 2. Anyone else think this way?!

Advert

We need to invest in this side because we'll never see goals - goal scorers cost money.

Were going to start next season with this squad which is the reason the players are looking forward to their summer - security of another year seems to be enough.

This board remain - we go down....it really is that simple.

Since December, we have only scored more than once, 6 times, out of 20 games. The most we have scored in a match has been 2 goals this year. The last time we scored 3 goals was 23rd November, 5-0 away at Stockport.

As soon as Stockport scored yesterday i couldn't help thinking the best we can hope for now is a 1-1 draw cos we won't score 2. Anyone else think this way?!

I am sure that this obvious to almost everybody, even to to our board of directors, but there has been no money in the kitty to improve the squad. All takings have to be paid in players, staff and board wages, general expenses and to pay the interest in loans.

The ship is sinking fast and the captain will not let the rescue service save them. He seems determined to go down amongst the wreckage taking all and sundry with him.

Many people hope that the rescue service will force the captain to jump overboard so that the ship can be saved.

My first season supporting Vale was in the 1986-87 season. Rudgie was manager and we were more or less in the bottom half of the old Division Three.

Back then we had a goalscorer (Andy Jones) and if the ball fell to him in the box, well, 8/10 he would smash the ball in the net.

There was always confidence that Vale would score, because the service was right and a team that wanted to score. Then why were Vale in the bottom half? Because they lost games but scored goals.

I for one, would rather we lost games but scored more goals. Goals wins games and with the best defence in the league, we are going no where.

Now, in the bottom division (Vale were in the what is now league one then) we have the most negative front line ever, I can honestly say i would swap our mid to lower table team that we had back then for the c*** we have now.

Anyone else agree

Anyone else agree

Spot on m8, i too am from the Rudgie era and we indeed had no problems in the scoring department but now the team is so negative in every department. Very sad state were in.

I just think it may be better we don't go up to put more preasure on bratt & co to jump ship.

Archived