onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Student/Military discount??!!

IpstonesValiant

I seem to remember quite a few years ago Vale used to offer students discounted tickets for home games if you held a valid NUS card, why have they stopped doing this and i also think a military discount on tickets would be a great idea to generate sales, due to the fact students and armed forces members are away from home a lot they can only attend a handful of games throughout the season meaning a ST is not viable/practical.

As we have a university, numerous colleges and a lot of military personnel who live in the area i think this could be a great idea. I know other clubs do the same. This may have been proposed before i don't know?

Advert

Yea student.discounts wud b fair. Also id let serving military in for free! They deserve it!

I will give that a go tomorrow.

In all seriousness I think a discount for military personal would be a good idea, purely from a PR view. There is a large amount of serving and ex serving military form S-o-T.

A lot of clubs and venues in London do Tickets for Troops were we get discount of in for free. I think last season we could go and see Fulham’s home games in Europe for £5.

I don’t think forces personal should be allowed in for free, after all we are in full employment and earn a good wage. But I would be a strong supported of forces veterans getting a bigger discount that anyone.

Before Glenn Oliver blocked my pms and messages off here I asked him about Student Discounts and he said it was so difficult to prove genuine students and gave an example of people joining up courses for a few months etc which meant they were classed as a student etc. Admittedly that is a fair point people 'abusing' the system however i was prepared to give a list of ways this could be implemented fairly and eradicating any potential abuse however Mr Oliver (who often cries out for people to give their views and asks for ways to implement things) blocked me when challenged on a far lesser point.

I will give that a go tomorrow.

In all seriousness I think a discount for military personal would be a good idea, purely from a PR view. There is a large amount of serving and ex serving military form S-o-T.

A lot of clubs and venues in London do Tickets for Troops were we get discount of in for free. I think last season we could go and see Fulham’s home games in Europe for £5.

I don’t think forces personal should be allowed in for free, after all we are in full employment and earn a good wage. But I would be a strong supported of forces veterans getting a bigger discount that anyone.

Good wage??? someone just moved to the higher pay band......lol..and as for veterans getting a bigger discount are you planning for the near future. meet you tomorrow, should be there about 1300

Good wage??? someone just moved to the higher pay band......lol..and as for veterans getting a bigger discount are you planning for the near future. meet you tomorrow, should be there about 1300

Rumbled, I would have got away with it if it was not for those pesky wing mongs.

See you tomorrow, I will get you a pint now I am on the high level pay scale.

No disrespect to the Military....But they earn a good wage......Why a concession.

Increase in support??!! I myself have had season tickets in the past but have missed too many games due to being away. I go to all the games when i am back home but paying £19.50 is far too steep regardless of what wage i earn.

Vale should try and cater and entice student/military supporters who can only attend ad hoc games but who are put off paying £19.50 each match

Archived