onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Little ?

ValiantJake

Personally, I think that if Rigg stays fit, he will be in the top 4 scorers in the division. He'll be played in the correct position and not messed about to accommodate Marc Richards. Oxford have made a good signing.

Spot on. He showed at the start of last season that his best position was up front but gets stuck out on the wing while players with a much poorer goals to game ratio take precedence. Oxford's gain, our loss.

Advert

So do you not think he will be in the top 4 scorers this season reggsy?

Chesterfield do have some competent set piece and penalty takers, that will have a massive hit on billy big times goal tally

I haven't really taken much notice of what strikers will be in the league yet. He possibly might not be, as he hasn't for the last few years. But again you seem to purposely miss the point. I never claimed he would be, or should be. So I'm not sure who you are arguing the point with or why? All I have argued is that he was our best striker, which you obviously have an issue with. So seeing as you tried to divert away from it, I'll ask again, do you want to bet that either pope or Williamson scored more than rico next year? Because if not, then I have no idea what your point is.

WHat nonsense. Are you seriously saying that the reason rigg didn't play up front was because we had to accommodate rico (who was a far better player)? Didn't we play 2 strikers most of the time? How many games did pope play up front? And how many goals did he get? But oh no, it must be our best players fault! Rigg has 2 good games at the start of a season, and rico is top scorer for three seasons.

Fancy a bet that he won't be one of the top 4 scorers in the league next season?

Calm down Andy, you will get over him when a new love comes along. Just take it a day at a time and your heart will heal. Trust me it really will. You will get over him, and one day see that he wasn't right for you. He just doesn't love you any more that's all so just let him go.

I'll take that bet. Funny how you ignore the other one! I'm a gobsh!te, but you're all mouth!

It's banter reggsy chill your beans

Ok with regards to your other post:

Marc Richards IMO "was" the top goalscorer, so in a way "was(and i use that term lightly)" the best striker

However

Pope put more effort in, his hold up play was better and he won more headers than richards, so as a complete striker its debatable, however strikers are mainly judged on goals scored so Richards would win hands down. I don't think we have seen enough of williamson to make a fair assumption and he is very inexperienced.

Do i think pope and williamson will score more than richards? Not a chance, Pope is not a natural finisher and I dont think Williamson will play over 20 games this season he will be a frequently used substitute.

I do think though that you think Marc Richards is better than he actually is.

Does that answer your question?

It's banter reggsy chill your beans

Ok with regards to your other post:

Marc Richards IMO "was" the top goalscorer, so in a way "was(and i use that term lightly)" the best striker

However

Pope put more effort in, his hold up play was better and he won more headers than richards, so as a complete striker its debatable, however strikers are mainly judged on goals scored so Richards would win hands down. I don't think we have seen enough of williamson to make a fair assumption and he is very inexperienced.

Do i think pope and williamson will score more than richards? Not a chance, Pope is not a natural finisher and I dont think Williamson will play over 20 games this season he will be a frequently used substitute.

I do think though that you think Marc Richards is better than he actually is.

Does that answer your question?

I'm all for banter, hence why I called you on the bet. Works both was Doris.

I didn't think Rico was better than he was. I think he was our best striker by a long way. I just got bewildered at how people kept slating him when it was obvious he was far better than our other strikers. I think Rico could play in league 1 but no higher.

Not sure you really answered. You did everything to avoid the obvious and saying he is better than pope. To even consider pope as more of a complete striker is bizarre. I actually think we missed the way Rico could hold the ball and spread it out wide when attacking, whenever he didn't play. He has been a decent player in an average side. Does that answer your question? :p

I didn't think Rico was better than he was. I think he was our best striker by a long way. I just got bewildered at how people kept slating him when it was obvious he was far better than our other strikers. I think Rico could play in league 1 but no higher.

Not sure you really answered. You did everything to avoid the obvious and saying he is better than pope. To even consider pope as more of a complete striker is bizarre. I actually think we missed the way Rico could hold the ball and spread it out wide when attacking, whenever he didn't play. He has been a decent player in an average side. Does that answer your question? :p

I will let you know next May when personally I think the big time charlie will get found out

If Rigg was our set piece taker last season he would of finished top scorer, and from midfield as well. Same as next season we are not losing a 20 goal a season striker in Rico, because the goals he scored from penos/freekicks would go to someone else i.e the new striker or Doddsy/Loft. So as long as we get a 10 goal a season striker we will cover Rico outgoing goals. Not having a pop at Rico, but he wont score at Chesterfield like he did at Vale, because they have all ready got their set pieces covered. Whittaker I think takes em.

If Rigg was our set piece taker last season he would of finished top scorer, and from midfield as well. Same as next season we are not losing a 20 goal a season striker in Rico, because the goals he scored from penos/freekicks would go to someone else i.e the new striker or Doddsy/Loft. So as long as we get a 10 goal a season striker we will cover Rico outgoing goals. Not having a pop at Rico, but he wont score at Chesterfield like he did at Vale, because they have all ready got their set pieces covered. Whittaker I think takes em.

Ooh!!! This ones taking you some time Andy.

Archived