onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Watch: Spurs and Watford highlights plus TV reports

robf

For those of you who don't check our front page (tsk!) I've produced a new YouTube video.

It's 40 minutes long, from 1988 and has TV reports plus the original highlights of the Spurs ("play waved on this is Walker...") and Watford cup games (Grewy, what a game!) which were certainly two of the most exciting games I have been to. There is also a report of the Watford replay and plenty of interviews with Rudgie and big Bob Hazell. And some remarks by Jimmy Greaves...

I'm pretty sure a lot of this hasn't been put online before so if you remember that era fondly (like me) this is a must see:

Link: http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/video-exclusive-1988-fa-cup-run-action/

Many thanks to Andrew White who provided these videos. If you have any old Vale stuff on VHS you'd like to lend me please get in touch!

Advert

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant memories, thanks Andrew and Rob!

I was ballboy for the two home games and was on the VP's coach for the away game, the entertainment on the bus made up for a sad result.

I spotted Lester Shapter was the referee, he used to be one of my mentors when I was heading up the referee's pyramid a few years ago in Devon. Cracking referee and charachter but did us no favours in the away game :(

• 2 weeks later...
This is wonderful. You and Andrew White deserve medals.

Perhaps you may remember:

At the Spurs game, I think in the Bycars End, was a banner that turned out to be prophetic, saying 'White Hart Slain'.....

I do remember that banner. I was in the Lorne St that day. Apparently, we had a cameo on the H/T match report on Grandstand. In those days, the camera panned the crowd while the report was read out and it panned over me, my friend and my dad. My mum was shocked to suddenly receive several phone calls from people watching it at 3.45pm , urging her to quickly switch the TV on...

Archived