mitchpvfc

-------------Tomlinson----------

Yates--Mccombe--Owen--Collins--

-------------Griffith-------------

-------Loft----------Morsy-----

--------------Rigg--------------

------Richards-----Williamson--

Bench - Martin, Mcdonald, Taylor, Roberts, Pope

Get rid of Louis Dodds and maybe bring in a right back instead of yates??

Advert

-------------Tomlinson----------

-------Loft----------Morsy-----

--------------Rigg--------------

------Richards-----Williamson--

Bench - Martin, Mcdonald, Taylor, Roberts, Pope

Get rid of Louis Dodds and maybe bring in a right back instead of yates??

Virtually what I would have picked but I would have Morsy at right back and Robbo in centre midfield. Bags of creativity and a midfield with an ability to defend and attack in equal measure.

I'd have something similar. Seeing as our wide men are so inconsistent better to go with a more compact midfield. McDonald at centre half instead of Owen? Owen has seemed a bit off the pace. And shock horror, Pope instead of Richards. Pope wins a lot of ball and holds it up, with the more mobile Williamson up front with him and Rigg coming late from midfield would be dangerous.

If we are scoring 2 or 3 goals every game, why bring back Richards?

Nice to see it didn't take long for people to find another fall guy now that Haldane is injured.

A goals per minutes on the pitch would be interesting.

Which of the 3 goals conceded were Dodds fault?

McDonald certainly earned the right for a game.

-------------Martin--------------

-------Loft--------Dodds/Roberts-------

------Williamson-----Pope-----Rigg/Richards

Subs:Tommo, Taylor, Morsey, Roberts/Dodds, Richards/Rigg

We score more with Pope in the side , and its nice to have a good aerial presence from crosses. Roberts goes missing as much as Dodds for me, plus Dodds, Williamson and Pope sounded fantastic first half against Wimbledon, but Roberts has 5(?) this season. With Col able to play across the back 4 I'd rather just have a sub left back on the bench (Taylor) ,Morsey looks good but needs more time. We've ruined players by giving them too much early on . Rigg or Richards depending on what the circumstances are.

As soon as Loft is back 100% fit he'll make lot of difference to us in the middle.

Yates needs some competition at right back because he's got it too easy and seems to have got to play because there's no one else. Didnt Little play right back for Rangers? A quick right back who can get forward and defend would be nice in the loan market, and a fully fit on form Collins on the other flank to balance it up.

Problem areas for me are numerous but four key areas:

Goalkeeper: Neither keeper has impressed this season, both are going backwards and Tommo hasnt been the same keeper since January.

Centre backs: Last season got away with a lack of pace due to a mix of Collins pace and cumbersome slow forwards. This year theres no Collins and opposition forwards are a lot pacier, something that neither Owen or MCombe can cope with.

Right back: Yates is beyond a joke now, poor in the tackle, poor distribution and cannot cross to save his life. The fact he has no competition for his place is a disgrace.

Griff: He can tackle but offers nothing else, his passing, and most other areas of his game are appaling and he is of the level of ability that is typical of this league. Sam Morsy has to be put in, he has an engine, can pass and an eye for goal.

Sit Roberts deep and let Morsy work around him with Loft.

Something has to change as this current squad is simply not capable of promotion i fear.

Tomlinson,

Little,McCombe,Owen,Collins

Griffith,Loft,Roberts,Taylor

Rigg,Pope

I'd go for something like this. However I don't think Yates deserves the stick hes getting, obviously he had a nightmare on saturday and I agree that his crossing is shocking. I think this would be less noticeable however if we had a decent right winger to play infront of him. This should be our number 1 priority in the transfer market.

i agree yates got hammered yesterday.but dodds never tracked back enough to help him out. dodds will never b a right winger.no pace.lack of work rate.pacey winger with quality needed.they cost money.so top of list come jan.

I agree, Dodds poor work rate meant that yates was exposed more than he should have been. Dodds isn't good enough as a starter for me.

Archived