The Hartlepool Mail newspaper claims that young Newcastle United defender Lewis Cass is “set to join Port Vale.”
The newspaper claims:
Hartlepool United have suffered another transfer blow with promotion season star Lewis Cass set to join Port Vale.
The Newcastle United defender enjoyed a breakthrough season of senior football on loan at Pools during the 2020-21 season as he helped the side earn promotion back to the Football League via the play-offs.
But The Mail understands that the club have missed out on the chance to re-sign the defender as he’s currently having a medical at League Two rivals Port Vale.
Cass is a versatile player who is comfortable in either the right-back or centre-half positions. He played 34 times for Hartlepool United last season.
The 21 year-old has a long-term contract with Newcastle United so any move to the Valiants is likely to be a loan deal.
Who has signed, contracts and more…
Our dedicated Port Vale squad tracker feature shows all the incoming moves for Port Vale this season. We’ve got links to player signings, details on length of contracts and more all in one place.
So, if you want to check out who’s who and how the Port Vale squad currently looks, please go to our page
Pre-season so far…
We’ve got match reports plus exclusive galleries from all of Port Vale’s friendly games played so far.
- Gallery #2: Newcastle Town 2-6 Port Vale
- Gallery #1: Newcastle Town 2-6 Port Vale
- Newcastle Town 2-6 Port Vale match report
- Mini Gallery: Stafford Rangers 2-0 Port Vale
- Stafford Rangers 2-0 Port Vale match report
- Gallery: Kidsgrove Athletic 0-2 Port Vale
- Kidsgrove Athletic 0-2 Port Vale – the view of the fans
- Kidsgrove Athletic 0-2 Port Vale match report