Time at club: 2007, 2019 – 2020
Will Atkinson first joined Port Vale in 2007 when he signed on loan from Hull City. The youngster made just four appearances without scoring, before returning to his parent club.
However, some twelve years after his first spell, Atkinson rejoined the club on a short-term deal in October 2019. A free agent, Atkinson was added to the Port Vale squad, after a midfield injury crisis. The midfielder had made over 400 appearances prior to joining Vale after spells for the likes of Southend United and Mansfield Town.
The midfielder or defender made an immediate impression as he was named as the sponsors’ man of the match after his debut – a 3-1 home win over Morecambe. He scored his first Vale goal in October – a dramatic late winner in Port Vale’s 2-1 win over Bradford City. Atkinson agreed a contract extension until the end of the season in January 2020.
However, he was one of six players released by the club at the end of the season.
- Four players set to return, one doubtful for Port Vale's match against Walsall
- Port Vale midfielder agrees contract extension
- Watch highlights of Port Vale's epic away win over Bradford City
- Move on and try and put it right - Will Atkinson on reaction to defeat at Macclesfield
- New Port Vale signing provides John Askey with welcome dilemma
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: