Time at club: 2010, 2011-2015, 2017-
Powerful forward Tom Pope first joined his boyhood club on loan from Rotherham United. He scored his first goals in a televised win over Bradford City and subsequently joined the Valiants on a permanent basis in the summer of 2011.
He enjoyed a mercurial rise in 2012 as he finished as the league’s top scorer with 33 goals and was named League Two player of the season.
The following season he adapted well to League One as he finished top-scorer with 16 goals and picked up a second, successive player of the season award.
In 2014-15 he struggled with injuries but still managed to finish as top-scorer with 12 goals. However, in the summer Vale could only afford to offer him a reduced contract and he instead opted to move to rivals Bury ending a four and a half year stay at the club.
In the summer of 2017 he ended his two-year spell at Bury and rejoined the Valiants for a third spell. After a prolific spell he was named the League Two player of the month for October 2017 and was crowned the club’s player of the year for a record third time.
Tom Pope images:
- Port Vale top-scorer is ruled out for up to six weeks
- "I have to cross them in myself and then head them in"
- Bad news as Port Vale striker ruled out for several weeks
- Double injury blow for Port Vale
- Tom Pope: it had 0-0 written all over it
- Tom Pope agrees new Port Vale contract
- Port Vale manager says that a new contract for Tom Pope is his top priority
- Watch highlights of Port Vale's draw with Morecambe
- Deadly Tom Pope must be stopped - Mansfield manager
- Port Vale striker proud after FA Cup performance
- Port Vale's Tom Pope pays tribute to "tank" of a midfielder
- Port Vale coach says Tom Pope has been magnificent on and off the pitch
- Port Vale injury list clearing as key striker is set to face Oldham
- Vote result: most Port Vale fans favour this strike pairing for Saturday
- Big blow for Port Vale as manager reveals six players have suffered injuries
- Tom Pope: luck wasn't on our side
- Tom Pope: Port Vale need to create more chances
- Three great Port Vale players who are part of the team now
- Good news on Tom Pope injury
- Port Vale await news on Tom Pope back injury
- Record #1: Tom Pope equals Vale Park goal tally
- Watch highlights: Port Vale 3-0 Cambridge Utd
- Two minute guide to Port Vale v Cambridge United
- Tom Pope: Port Vale are stronger this season
- Miller starts and Rawlinson scores but Vale lose to Shrews
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: