Time at club: 2010, 2011-2015, 2017-
A powerful forward who joined his boyhood club on loan from Rotherham United. He scored his first goals in a televised win over Bradford City. He subsequently joined the Valiants on a permanent basis in the summer of 2011.
He enjoyed a mercurial rise in 2012 as he finished as the league’s top scorer with 33 goals and was named League Two player of the season.
The following season he adapted well to League One as he finished top-scorer with 16 goals and picked up a second, successive player of the season award.
In 2014-15 he struggled with injuries but still managed to finish as top-scorer with 12 goals. However, in the summer Vale could only afford to offer him a reduced contract and he instead opted to move to rivals Bury ending a four and a half year stay at the club.
In the summer of 2017 he ended his two-year spell at Bury and rejoined the Valiants for a third spell. After a prolific spell he was named the League Two player of the month for October 2017.
- Watch highlights: Port Vale 1-0 Barnet
- Match report: Port Vale 1-0 Barnet
- Watch video: Aspin pleased with Pope and Forrester pairing
- Tom Pope is named League Two player of the month
- Vote here for Tom Pope to be League Two player of the month
- Pope and Aspin are nominated for League Two monthly awards
- Match report: Port Vale 2-0 Oxford Utd
- Ultimate Port Vale XI: the strikers
- Highlights: Exeter City 0-1 Port Vale
- Match report: Exeter City 0-1 Port Vale
- In-form Tom Pope pays tribute to manager Neil Aspin
- Watch video: Goal hero Tom Pope on Vale's win at Morecambe
- Watch highlights: Morecambe 0-3 Port Vale
- Match report: Morecambe 0-3 Port Vale
- Cheltenham boss says his side should learn from Tom Pope masterclass
- Match report: Port Vale 3-1 Cheltenham
- Match report: Port Vale 1-2 Grimsby Town
- Match report: Yeovil 1-1 Port Vale
- Two minute guide to: Oldham v Port Vale
- Two minute guide to: Port Vale v Crewe
- Pope scores as Port Vale draw with West Brom
- Port Vale re-sign Tom Pope on a two year deal
- Two minute guide to: Port Vale v Bury
- Port Vale tried to get Bury's Tom Pope on loan but move is now unlikely
- Smurthwaite hints at new signing and would consider Pope return
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: