Time at club: 2010, 2011-2015, 2017-
A powerful forward who joined his boyhood club on loan from Rotherham United. He scored his first goals in a televised win over Bradford City. He subsequently joined the Valiants on a permanent basis in the summer of 2011.
He enjoyed a mercurial rise in 2012 as he finished as the league’s top scorer with 33 goals and was named League Two player of the season.
The following season he adapted well to League One as he finished top-scorer with 16 goals and picked up a second, successive player of the season award.
In 2014-15 he struggled with injuries but still managed to finish as top-scorer with 12 goals. However, in the summer Vale could only afford to offer him a reduced contract and he instead opted to move to rivals Bury ending a four and a half year stay at the club.
In the summer of 2017 he ended his two-year spell at Bury and rejoined the Valiants for a third spell.
- Port Vale re-sign Tom Pope on a two year deal
- Two minute guide to: Port Vale v Bury
- Port Vale tried to get Bury's Tom Pope on loan but move is now unlikely
- Smurthwaite hints at new signing and would consider Pope return
- Vote result: Port Vale fans in favour of Tom Pope return
- Vote: Would you bring Tom Pope back to Port Vale?
- Twitter: Did Norman Smurthwaite just show an interest in Tom Pope return?
- Bury Fan: I'm very impressed with Tom Pope
- Two minute guide to: Bury
- Despite losing Tom Pope, I’d rather be in Vale’s shoes than Bury’s
- Departing Tom Pope is grateful for his Port Vale spell
- Tom Pope confirms Bury move
- Bury in further talks with Port Vale striker Tom Pope
- Dickov wants Pope, doesn't want O'Connor, slams Smurthwaite
- Smurthwaite confident that O'Connor will stay
- I hope Tom Pope stays, I’m not hopeful he will…
- Tom Pope wants respect and contract negotiations
- Radio Stoke: Pope could leave Port Vale
- Pope stays put if price is right
- Time to praise trusty Tom
- Tom Pope
- Pope: I'm not 100 per cent
- Page: Pope 'not right at the minute'
- Striker search should have 2015/16 focus
- Captain echoes new contracts call
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: