Time at club: 2017 – 2019
Mike Calveley player profile:
Powerful young midfielder Mike Calveley signed his first professional contract in the summer of 2017 after graduating through the Port Vale youth ranks.
In September 2017 he was loaned out to Leek Town before Calveley made his Port Vale first-team debut in a Checkatrade win over Crewe in November 2017.
The youngster signed a new one-year contract with the club in the summer of 2018.
In August 2018, he was loaned out again, this time to Nuneaton Borough in the National League North. Calveley reported impressed during his lenghty spell with the non-leaguers and played in multiple positions for the side.
His form was such that he was recalled to the Port Vale first-team towards the end of the 2018-19 season as a result.
He made a solitary first-team appearance from the bench but it was not enough to earn a new contract and Calveley was one of nine first-team players to be released at the end of the 2018-19 season.
Mike Calveley images:
More on Mike Calveley:
- Port Vale retained list: nine released including Luke Hannant
- John Askey says Milton Keynes game will be tough
- "Model professional" Port Vale midfielder praised as he ends loan spell
- Port Vale youngster to remain on loan for rest of season
- Loan news: Port Vale striker on the mark yet again
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: