Time at club: 2013-2014
A vastly experienced and somewhat controversial signing, Hughes was originally going to join the club on loan in November 2012 but the Valiants filed the transfer too late and the move was rejected by the Football League.
He subsequently joined on a permanent basis in January 2013 and finished with nine goals at the end of the season as the club was promoted.
He was used as more of a “super sub” in his second season with the club before leaving to join Forest Green Rovers on a free transfer.
- Revealed: Paul Wildes signed Lee Hughes against Micky Adams' wishes
- Port Vale "helping out" Hughes with training invite
- Lee Hughes
- Two minute guide: Notts County (A)
- Two minute guide: Notts County (H)
- Former Valiants round-up
- Connections: Vale and Coventry
- Nearly Men number four: Lee Hughes
- Hughes says half-time farewell
- Half-season review: the attack
- Match Analysis: Swindon 5-2 Port Vale
- Hughes: I want to play every game
- Match Analysis: Port Vale 1-1 Bristol C
- Reasons to be cheerful on and off the pitch
- Hughes is star man against Bradford
- Grew praises Hughes' 'big' performance
- Match Analysis: Port Vale 2-1 Bradford City
- Hughes: Ben can make big impact
- Two minute guide to: Athlone Town
- Hughes signs one year extension
- The best strikeforce in League Two?
- Trio doubtful for Aldershot game
- Port Vale 7-1 Burton, 2013
- Who should partner Pope against Oxford?
- Hughes illness may hand Andrew second chance
[box style=”light-gray rounded” ]
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: