Jordan Hugill player profile: biography, stats, images and news about this Port Vale player.
Time at club: 2013-2014
Jordan Hugill player profile:
Striker Jordan Hugill was signed for Port Vale’s development squad in the summer of 2013. A then unknown, he had impressed Vale scouts with his performances in non-league football while working as a barman.
The striker was allowed to go on loan to Gateshead and after a prolific loan spell, he was handed a shock start ahead of Tom Pope for Port Vale’s game against Crawley. Hugill impressed with his workrate during that game and he went on to score his first goal for the club in a game against Swindon Town in November.
He finished the season with four goals and there were high hopes that Vale had a future star on their hands. However, Hugill decided to move to Preston North End with Vale earning an undisclosed compensation fee. He later moved on to West Ham United with the Valiants earning a substantial sell-on fee.
More on Jordan Hugill:
- Opinion: now the Hugill deal is done where should the money go?
- Opinion: Hugill fee shows that having a clear transfer policy works
- Port Vale net multi-million windfall as former striker moves on
- Rumour: three clubs chase £8m former Valiant Jordan Hugill?
- Vale could net sell-on fee if Jordan Hugill moves on
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: