Time at club: 2018-2019
A late developer after halting his football career to go to university, midfielder Luke Hannant was signed from manager Neil Aspin’s former club Gateshead for an undisclosed fee.
The player made his full debut for the club in the game against Accrington in January 2018 and soon became a regular in the Port Vale side mainly playing on the wings.
Hannant scored his first senior goal in a 2-2 draw with Stevenage in March 2018 and he finished his first season as a regular pick in the Port Vale starting eleven.
After a series of strong performances at the start of his second season, the energetic player was linked with a move to Championship side Bolton Wanderers by the national press.
However, his form suffered and Hannant was in and out of the Port Vale side in the latter part of the 2018-19 season. He was then perhaps surprisingly one of nine players to be released by the Valiants at the end of the season.
Luke Hannant photos:
- Departing Luke Hannant thanks Port Vale staff and fans
- Cambridge United sign former Port Vale winger Luke Hannant
- Port Vale retained list: nine released including Luke Hannant
- Luke Hannant: the mood is a lot happier now
- Port Vale penalty winner admits shootout nerves
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: