Dickie Cunliffe player profile: biography, stats, images and news about this Port Vale player.
Time at club: 1950-1959
Dickie Cunliffe player profile:
The legendary left-winger Dickie Cunliffe joined Port Vale FC in 1950 and was to play for the football club for practically the next ten years.
A lively figure on the winger, Cunliffe was a key member of the famous 1954 “Iron Curtain” side. He scored nine times as the club coasted to promotion and also played in the FA Cup semi-final match against West Bromwich Albion.
The winger was also a vital member of the Port Vale 1958-1959 promotion season before being sold to Stoke City for £2,000 in 1959.
He later went on to play for non-league sides Macclesfield Town, Stafford Rangers and Buxton.
Dickie Cunliffe images:
More on Dickie Cunliffe:
- Press Clippings: media reports of Port Vale's glorious 1953-54 season
- A look through the OVF archives: the Iron Curtain side pictured at home...
- Five Port Vale FA Cup first round thrillers
- Ultimate Port Vale XI: the left winger
- Clipping Heroes #14: Dickie Cunliffe (part two)
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: