Ultimate Port Vale left winger: we’re asking Port Vale fans to select their finest-ever Valiants line-up and now it’s time to vote for the greatest left winger
Ultimate Port Vale left winger
1. Rules and notes
- There will be a dedicated forum discussion thread for each position (a link is below).
- The forum discussion thread will have a poll attached containing the list of our shortlisted players. This makes it fair (one user one vote) and stops any outside influences (Stoke fans, we’re looking at you!) from trying to influence the poll as only registered forum users can vote
- OVF will provide a shortlist of players that we think are suitable candidates. However, if we have missed a candidate out and you make a compelling case for their inclusion we will add them to the poll.
- A player will appear in their most common position (e.g. Neil Aspin played right-back but is more familiar as a centre-half; Robbie Earle played as a striker but is best-known as a midfielder)
- The formation for the best-ever XI is a classic 4-4-2 formation
- A player must have played 50 first-team games for the Valiants to qualify
2. The OVF Shortlist
Steve Guppy: he was an inspired John Rudge signing who instantly became a key Port Vale first-team player. He later went on to star for Leicester City in the Premier League and make an appearance for England.
Dickie Cunliffe: the diminutive and tricky left winger of the famed Port Vale FC “Iron Curtain” record breaking side.
John Jeffers: a tricky winger who was signed from Liverpool and played during the first part of the John Rudge regime.
3. Time to place your vote
To place your vote you will need to be a registered user of our forum and go to this forum thread
The voting closes in a month’s time.