Nathan Smith player profile: biography, stats, images and news about this Port Vale player.
Time at club: 2014 –
Nathan Smith player profile:
Local lad Nathan Smith progressed through the youth ranks to earn a professional contract. In October 2014, he was loaned to Stafford Rangers to gain first-team experience.
In the summer of 2015 he agreed a new two-year contract with the club and was loaned to Torquay United for the whole of the 2015-16 season. After an outstanding loan spell he was named the Torquay player of the year.
He made his full debut in the 0-0 draw with Bradford City in August 2016 and scored his first goal in the 1-0 win over Rochdale later that month. He was nominated for the August League One player of the month award and in September 2016 the club announced that he had agreed a new three-year deal.
At the end of his first full season he won six awards at the player of the year awards including both the player and young player of the season awards. Smith then became a regular in the side from 2016 to 2020.
In the summer of 2020 there was speculation that an out of contract Smith would move to a higher placed club but he showed his faith in the Valiants by agreeing a new two-year deal in July 2020.
Nathan Smith images:
- Sutton Utd 4-3 Port Vale: Valiants lose dramatic seven goal thriller
- Options across the board - four thoughts after Port Vale's win at Scunthorpe
- I just love players like him - Darrell Clarke's tribute to Nathan Smith
- Competition across the board - five thoughts about Port Vale's season so far...
- Port Vale Football Club: A New Project for Tom Conlon and Nathan Smith
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: