Time at club: 2014-
Nathan Smith player profile:
Local lad Nathan Smith progressed through the youth ranks to earn a professional contract. In October 2014, he was loaned to Stafford Rangers to gain first-team experience.
In the summer of 2015 he agreed a new two-year contract with the club and was loaned to Torquay United for the whole of the 2015-16 season. After an outstanding loan spell he was named the Torquay player of the year.
He made his full debut in the 0-0 draw with Bradford City in August 2016 and scored his first goal in the 1-0 win over Rochdale later that month. He was nominated for the August League One player of the month award and in September 2016 the club announced that he had agreed a new three-year deal.
At the end of his first full season he won six awards at the player of the year awards including both the player and young player of the season awards.
He was also an ever-present during his second season with the club and a near ever-present in his third full season.
Nathan Smith images:
- The most important thing - Port Vale boss on key to defensive improvement
- Dependable Port Vale defender Nathan Smith now looking to push on
- Opinion - experienced spine played huge role in Port Vale's away win
- Watch the highlights of Port Vale's 2-2 draw with Mansfield Town
- Nathan Smith hoping teams continue to underestimate Port Vale
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: