onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Dear All,

Please bare with me - this is football and Vale related.

My reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

The book also has a Foreword by ex Southend, Bury, Blackpool and Northern Ireland international Derek Spence.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book.

Vale Park is of course covered in the book - my trip there was memorable (it was for a semi-final) and i met up with some very friendly (and happy) Vale fans. It was in the days of the iconic old Lorne Street Stand.

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: http://www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

Advert

• 2 months later...

Hello again all.

Ahead of Southend's visit on Saturday I thought I'd just re-visit your forum. Life re promoting the book has been interesting, was on BBC Essex this afternoon and if anyone would be kind enough to 'like' my Facebook page for the book it would be appreciated - I post regular football stuff on there including pics and views and also on the 'football stadia and grounds' page which is also worth a visit. https://www.facebook.com/RootsToThe92/

If anyone has read the book I'd be interested in your thoughts - had some good reviews so far on Amazon (and I don't even know who most of them are!).

Cheers,

Andy

Archived