Port Vale have been handed a double boost with the news that winger Cristian Montano and striker Mark Cullen are fit and could both return to the matchday squad.
The news means that only central midfield duo Tom Conlon and Manny Oyeleke remain on the long-term injury list at the club.
Right-back James Gibbons has also returned from suspension and is expected to return to the starting eleven. Gibbons’ return could see recent signing Will Atkinson move into central midfield, possibly at the expense of Scott Burgess who will drop to the bench.
Vale now have plenty of options, particularly upfront, with Cullen, Tom Pope, Richie Bennett and Jordan Archer all competing for the central forward berth with Montano, Rhys Browne, David Worrall and David Amoo in competition to play in the front three.
Here’s our summary of which Port Vale players are doubtful or ruled out of the League Two fixture against Macclesfield Town at the weekend…
Returning from injury
- Mark Cullen has recovered from a knee injury which ironically he suffered on Vale’s last visit to Macclesfield.
- Cristian Montano has recovered from a groin strain he suffered three weeks ago.
- Utility man Callum Evans is expected to return to training next week.
- Manny Oyeleke is ruled out with a hamstring injury. He may be out until late November.
- Central midfielder Tom Conlon has a knee injury and is still two to three weeks away from featuring again.
Available for selection
- Scott Brown, Jonny Maddison, James Gibbons, Adam Crookes, Kieran Kennedy, Leon Legge, Nathan Smith, Shaun Brisley, Will Atkinson, Scott Burgess, Jake Taylor, Luke Joyce, Ryan Lloyd, Cristian Montano, David Worrall, Rhys Browne, David Amoo, Mark Cullen, Richie Bennett, Tom Pope, Jordan Archer