It’s a tricky task on Tuesday evening as Port Vale look to secure their first win of 2018…
Vale form guide
Vale’s top scorers
Predict the score
So Vale have at least strung together an unbeaten run which has pushed them slightly clearer towards safety.
However, it depends on whether your cup is half-full or half-empty as to whether the 2-2 draw with Stevenage was a cracking comeback or the result of a dreadful start. Fans will wonder which Vale side will turn up on Tuesday…
What will the Vale look like?
Neil Aspin says that Cristian Montano (right) has picked up a knock and is a slight doubt for this game.
Elsewhere, James Gibbons and loanee Donovan Wilson are pushing for starts after impressing when coming on in the second-half on Saturday.
Veterans Tom Pope and Antony Kay remain sidelined.
“Everyone wants us to get a result, it’s very frustrating but, we have to be prepared to fight and scrap. I think the players have shown that in previous games and as long as we have that – we can give ourselves a chance.
“You can go to clubs lower in the table and expect a result, but at the level we’re at, we don’t have any divine right to win any games, we’ve got to play to our best…”
The longest serving manager in the Football League, Tisdale has been in charge since 2006 managing over 600 games for the club.
- Port Vale wins: 21
- Port Vale losses: 16
- Draws: 10
The last time the two teams met was in October this season when the Valiants secured a valuable three points thanks to a winner from talisman Tom Pope.
The last time Vale travelled to Exeter was for that “infamous” 2-0 FA Cup which arguably spelled the end of Rob Page’s reign at the club.
Played for both…
Players to appear for both clubs in recent years include:
- Defender Richard Duffy (right)
- Winger Mark Chamberlain
- Defender George Pilkington
- Defender Darren Hughes
- Striker Steve Biggins
Other Vale events that happened this day…
- 1920 Bob Blood scores four times as Vale beat Stockport County 6-1.
- 1960 Goalkeeper Mark Harrison is born.
- 1988 Port Vale sign Liverpool winger John Jeffers on loan.
- 1991 Port Vale sign midfielder Andy Williams on loan.
- 1991 Winger Cristian Montano is born.
- 1994 Forward George Stabb sadly passes away.
- 2007 Port Vale crash out of the FA Cup after a 1-0 defeat to non-league Chasetown.
- 2010 The Port Vale board turn down an investment offer from Mo Chaudry.