It’s a tricky task on Tuesday evening as Port Vale look to secure their first win of 2018…
Vale form guide
Vale’s top scorers
Predict the score
So Vale have at least strung together an unbeaten run which has pushed them slightly clearer towards safety.
However, it depends on whether your cup is half-full or half-empty as to whether the 2-2 draw with Stevenage was a cracking comeback or the result of a dreadful start. Fans will wonder which Vale side will turn up on Tuesday…
What will the Vale look like?
Neil Aspin says that Cristian Montano (right) has picked up a knock and is a slight doubt for this game.
Elsewhere, James Gibbons and loanee Donovan Wilson are pushing for starts after impressing when coming on in the second-half on Saturday.
Veterans Tom Pope and Antony Kay remain sidelined.
“Everyone wants us to get a result, it’s very frustrating but, we have to be prepared to fight and scrap. I think the players have shown that in previous games and as long as we have that – we can give ourselves a chance.
“You can go to clubs lower in the table and expect a result, but at the level we’re at, we don’t have any divine right to win any games, we’ve got to play to our best…”
The longest serving manager in the Football League, Tisdale has been in charge since 2006 managing over 600 games for the club.
- Port Vale wins: 21
- Port Vale losses: 16
- Draws: 10
The last time the two teams met was in October this season when the Valiants secured a valuable three points thanks to a winner from talisman Tom Pope.
The last time Vale travelled to Exeter was for that “infamous” 2-0 FA Cup which arguably spelled the end of Rob Page’s reign at the club.
Played for both…
Players to appear for both clubs in recent years include:
- Defender Richard Duffy (right)
- Winger Mark Chamberlain
- Defender George Pilkington
- Defender Darren Hughes
- Striker Steve Biggins
Other Vale events that happened this day…
- 1976 Goalkeeping coach Marco Tábuas is born.
- 1981 Striker Callum Willock is born.
- 1983 Winston White makes his only Port Vale appearance in a 2-1 defeat to Newport County.
- 1991 Port Vale draw 2-2 with Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup with goals from Robin van der Laan and Martin Foyle.
- 1998 Wimbledon pay Port Vale a club record £2m for winger Gareth Ainsworth.
- 2015 Striker Achille Campion joins Torquay United on loan.
- 2016 Sam Hart scores his first Vale goal in a 3-1 loss to Bolton Wanderers.