Time at club: 2010-2012
Gary Roberts player profile:
Talented midfielder Gary Roberts began his career with Crewe Alexandra in 2003 but left after six years to join Yeovil Town. He was subsequently released by Yeovil after a series of drink and gambling related problems. He subsequently joinefd Rotherham United but was again released – this time for unspecified reasons.
Handed a trial by Port Vale manager Micky Adams, he joined the club in 2010. He started well and was a regular until Adams left the club in 2010. Roberts immediately fell out of favour with successor Jim Gannon, He returned to the side under caretaker Mark Grew and was in the squad when Adams returned to the club as manager for a second spell.
However, he was suspended in September 2011 for breaching club disclipline and in December he was in trouble again after turning up “unfit to train”. He was released at the end of the year.
After leaving Vale, Roberts had spells in the Welsh and Maltese leagues before a move back to hometown club Chester City.
More on Gary Roberts:
- Valiants of old: Gary Roberts, midfielder playmaker with off-field issues...
- Sam Hornby has loan spell at Chester extended who also sign former Valiant Gary Roberts
- Gary Roberts
- Cult Hero 30: Gary Roberts
- Vale old boys - non-league round-up
- Here's hoping for a brighter 2012 for Vale
- Roberts needs support not jeers
- Plymouth 0-2 Port Vale
- Port Vale 4-1 Accrington
- Barnet 1-3 Port Vale
- Port Vale 2-4 Huddersfield Town
- Released Roberts joins Mansfield
- Roberts breaches club discipline again
- Gary Roberts attacks manager Jim Gannon
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: