Port Vale have announced that midfielder Ryan Burge has left the club by “mutual consent.”
This has been a difficult decision for both parties and we would like to wish Ryan the very best success in the next step of his career…
Burge, who has enjoyed an excellent season in the midfield is currently joint-top of the OVF man of the match leaderboard. After an injury-hit first season with the club, Burge had been a regular in the midfield this season making 26+8 appearances and scoring three goals. His performances had received much praise from Vale supporters as Burge was seen as a player who could potentially play in League One next season.
However, Burge’s Vale career fell apart in spectacular fashion before March’s game with Bristol Rovers. Burge had missed several matches through “illness” but was set to make his first-team return as Vale had been hit by injury and suspension.
But the midfielder sent an ill-advised tweet at 6:45pm criticising the club for dropping him while “five minutes from the ground.”
Manager Micky Adams subsequently revealed that Burge was hours late for a 4:30pm team meal and that was why he was dropped. Burge refused to let the matter lie and sent more tweets claiming he hadn’t missed matches through illness and was fit to play.
The issue then looked to have been cleared-up only for the club to suspend the player for a fortnight after he apparently missed another deadline to publically apologise for his behaviour.
Port Vale Chairman, Paul Wildes told the official Port Vale website: “We thank Ryan for his service to Port Vale.
“This has been a difficult decision for both parties and we would like to wish Ryan the very best success in the next step of his career.”
According to the statement, both parties will not be making any further statements.
More OVF features on Ryan Burge:
- Ryan Burge bizarrely offers to be next Port Vale manager
- Burge has 'evidence' of Adams breaching confidentiality agreement
- Ryan Burge gives his version of Vale exit and accuses Adams of wrongdoing
- Former Valiants: Midfielder makes move to Tanzania
- Ryan Burge
- Former Valiants: summer round-up
- Former Valiants: Paynter's unhappy ending
- Former Valiants: Rigg, Gardner released
- Former Valiants: Morsy wins top award
- Burge signs for Newport County
- Burge linked with Cheltenham switch
- Burge set for Peterborough switch?
- Burge leaves Port Vale
- Burge suspended for 14 days
- Burge backs down... via Twitter
- Burge included in squad to face York
- Chairman: Burge could still have future at Vale
- Burge answers critics via Twitter
- Adams: Burge 'didn't show' for team meal
- Burge tweets about non-involvement at Bristol Rovers
- Burge set to return for Bristol Rovers game
- Burge: I'm ready to commit to Vale
- Burge goes clear at the top
- In-form Burge moves to top of the table
- Adams praises midfield pairing