Potential Port Vale owner Keith Ryder spend Wednesday outlining his plans for the club to both fans and the media as the preferred bidder embarked on a PR campaign to get backing for his bid to buy the club.
Ryder will become the club’s new owner if his £1.4m bid to buy Vale out of administration is voted through by creditors and he is then approved by the Football League.
According to various reports, Ryder says that:
- He was impressed with the club when he visited in the past
- Good communication with fans is key
- Season ticket are “decent value” but matchday pricing will be reviewed
- He has discussed a number of possible initiatives with the Supporters Club
- He is hoping he can bring “a bit of sunshine” after recent “dark times”
- Manager Micky Adams is “definitely” in his plans
- He has had initial discussions with Micky Adams to prepare new player contracts if bid is approved
- He’s using his own money to buy the club
- He will be targeting promotion next season and the playing budget will be increased
- He would welcome investment from other interested parties such as Mo Chaudry
- There will be no move away from Vale Park
There is a five minute interview with Ryder available on 6 Towns Radio here: