Former Port Vale midfielder Ryan Burge’s allegations about former Vale manager Micky Adams have continued with fresh claims published today.
In November, Burge tweeted that the Vale manager Micky Adams breached “an agreement”, sent an abusive text and that people are “deluded” to think that he would not turn up for the Bristol Rovers game.
Burge’s initial claim…
- He was offered a new contract by chairman Paul Wildes
- As he was upset over his treatment when injured the previous season [OVF Note – he was transfer-listed when injured] he delayed his decision
- Once Micky Adams found this out, he never picked Burge again
- Adams sent him an abusive text while he was waiting for the team bus
- The Vale manager also refused to pick him up telling him to make his own way to the game
- Burge comments that “If you think that after playing 37 games for a club about to be promoted that I would not turn up, you are deluded”
- He has “wrongfully been given stick for this ever since”
- Micky Adams has “breached an agreement we had in place”
Now, Burge has published further allegations.
Burge has published a recording of a phone call on YouTube. He says it is of Micky Adams answering a call from a person claiming to represent Swindon Town and during the call Burge is criticised.
Burge says he is receiving support from the PFA after comments from Adams “heavily criticising me as a character” and “breaching” a confidentiality agreement that was in place. Burge adds that he has “not heard of a situation like mine in professional football before.”
The alleged phone call can be listened to here:
Burge has also published a tweet with his side of the story which is here:
— Ryan J Burge (@RyanJBurge) January 19, 2016
Previously on Burge versus Adams…
The story so far: