Here’s another of our bulletins updating you on which Port Vale players could feature against Morecambe on Saturday afternoon.
Vale will be boosted by the return of forward Rhys Browne from injury and the short-term signing of Will Atkinson. The former Mansfield man can provide vital cover in central midfield – an area where Vale are missing the services of Tom Conlon, Manny Oyeleke and Callum Evans. However, the bad news is that Oyeleke looks to be out until the festive period as his run of injuries shows no sign of slowing down. Vale at least have options upfront with Browne joining David Amoo, David Worrall, Tom Pope, Richie Bennett and Jordan Archer as forward options.
- James Gibbons: the right-back is suspended after picking up five bookings
- Manny Oyeleke: the midfielder is expected to be missing for a further four to six weeks after lasting just nine minutes of the game against Leyton Orient.
- Tom Conlon: the midgfielder is reportedly still two to three weeks away from being in contention
- Callum Evans: the utility man is reported to be two weeks away from recovering from his injury
- Cristian Montano: the forward is not expected to return to full training until next week so it is unlikely he will feature
- Mark Cullen: like Montano, the forward is not expected to return to training until next week
- Rhys Browne: the forward is back in training and could be in contention for the match
- Will Atkinson: signed on a short-term contract on Friday, the utlity man could be in contention to make the squad
Fit and available
- Scott Brown, Jonny Maddison, Adam Crookes, Leon Legge, Kieran Kennedy, Danny Pugh, Nathan Smith, Shaun Brisley, Luke Joyce, David Worrall, Jake Taylor, David Amoo, Scott Burgess, Ryan Lloyd, Tom Pope, Richie Bennett and Jordan Archer.