With Micky Adams under severe pressure and even hinting that he may have reached the end of his “shelf life” at Vale, we take a look at how his current record compares with the final records of previous managers.
We taken the form of the last seven games because Lee Sinnott was sacked seven games into a new season, so we felt it was right to compare all the other managers over their last seven matches.
Looking at those form sequences, the most noticeable thing in these statistics is how poor Adams’ recent record is (Jim Gannon was sacked despite acquiring more than double Adams’ points tally).
However, it is also worth noting how impressive Adams’ overall win percentage is compared to the other four managers. It may be this long-term win ratio that keeps Adams in a job.
That, plus winning against Barnsley on Saturday…
Micky Adams (2009-10, 2011- )
- Latest game: 1-3 versus Bristol City
- Form: W-D-L-L-L-L-L (4 pts)
- Overall record: 41% win percentage (two spells)
Jim Gannon (2011)
- Last game: 0-3 versus Accrington
- Form: W-L-W-W-D-L-L (10 pts)
- Overall record: 27% win percentage
Dean Glover (2008-9)
- Last game: 2-1 versus Barnet
- Form: D-D-L-D-L-D-W (5 pts)
- Overall record: 32% win percentage
Lee Sinnott (2007-8)
- Last game: 1-4 versus Macclesfield
- Form: W-L-D-W-L-L-L (7 pts)
- Overall record: 20% win percentage
Martin Foyle (2004-7)
- Last game: 1-2 versus Luton Town
- Form: D-L-L-W-D-L-L (5 pts)
- Overall record: 37% win percentage
Note: Form guide is for league games only