Norman Smurthwaite has issued a statement in response to recent developments at the club.
The statement addresses various issues including:
- The player registration embargo which Smurthwaite says is a “far from acceptable position” but which will remain in place until the end of the season. Smurthwaite also apologises for the “incorrect information” that the club announced last week.
- There is an explanation of club finances which clarifies that a proportion of the matchday revenue is free or complimentary tickets and that the income for this season will be around £4m while the club’s salary bill will be £3.7m “and there lies the major problem.”
- Confirmation that the Sondico shirt deal has ended and a new deal will be announced on Friday.
- Staffordshire Police have been paid and”all creditors being settled by the 31st March.”
- The argument for an appointment of a CEO has been noted. Smurthwaite does not personally “sign up to the theory that such a person will cover his costs” but he will consult with the Supporters Club on gauguing the fans’ views on this issue.
- A reduction in the price of 9-11 year-old’s season tickets after reviewing the numbers affected.
- An update on season ticket renewal sales which stands at 138 – “way below” what would be the expected take up.
- A thank you to Jack Grimmer for his efforts during his loan spell.
You can read the full statement here