Micky Adams has told the Sentinel that he is mystified by rumours linking youngster Sam Johnson to Scottish giants Celtic.
I think this is just a flyer. That’s his agent doing well for him…
According to reports, Celtic have been impressed by the six foot seven inch goalkeeper since he broke into the Port Vale first-team.
However, Adams is taking the reports with a pinch of salt commenting: “Celtic came to a few of our games last season. I met their scout and he was talking about our other players, but not Sam.
“Looking at the scout list recently, he has not been at our games so I think this is just a flyer. That’s his agent doing well for him.”
Sam Johnson Factfile
[three_fifth]The youngster had a dream debut for a JPT tie with Walsall. Man of the match Johnson then saved three penalties in the shootout and even scored the winner himself.
A commanding figure at six foot seven inches tall, Johnson turned professional in the summer of 2011 and was named the club’s young player of the year for the 2012/13 season.
He agreed a new two year contract in the summer of 2013 and made his league debut in an away win over Walsall in November 2013 following an injury to first-choice Chris Neal.
He impressed deputising for Neal as the club’s first choice recovered from injury and looks to have a fine future in the game.
Latest OVF Features about Sam Johnson:
- Former keeper Sam Johnson joins FC Halifax Town
- Port Vale loanee helps steer club to promotion
- Sam Johnson signs for FC Halifax Town on loan
- Johnson back at Vale Park after loan deal is cancelled
- Two minute guide: Port Vale v Walsall
- Loanwatch: injured Hooper back at Vale for treatment
- Loan watch: Hooper opens account for Northampton
- Loanwatch: off day for several Vale loanees
- Loan news: Gibbons is sole loanee to finish on winning side
- Loan news: Dream start for Ryan Boot
- Johnson leaves Vale for season's loan at Gateshead
- Sentinel: Gateshead want to take Vale keeper on loan
- Sam Johnson in goal as FC Halifax win the FA Trophy
- Something for the weekend? Legends game and Sam's Wembley trip
- Vale loanee Johnson bidding for Wembley glory
- Loanwatch: Wembley and relegation for Johnson
- Live match thread Port Vale v Burton
- Left-back leaves, duo extend loans
- Johnson extends loan at FC Halifax Town
- Halifax want to keep Port Vale keeper until the end of the season
- Loanwatch: Disappointment for Vale trio
- Vale let goalkeeper leave on loan
- Page backs Johnson but won't rule out Kenny deal
- Page backs Johnson and won't "dwell" on mistake
- Vale unsure over extent of Chris Neal's ankle injury
Date of birth:
1st December 1992 ([agecalc birthdate=”1992-12-01″] old)
Vale stats *:
0 sub appearances
* correct to end of 2012/2013 season