According to BBC Merseyside, National League side Southport have had a bid accepted to sign winger Ryan Lloyd on a permanent basis.
Earlier this week, the Chronicle said that Chester wanted to sign their on-loan winger but faced competition from Southport and one other National League side.
Lloyd looks likely to leave the Valiants with Vale keen to reduce their squad size and free up money for new additions.
According to the BBC, Southport have had a bid accepted for Lloyd. A tweet said:
— BBC Merseyside Sport (@bbcmerseysport) January 3, 2017
Without naming Lloyd as the player involved, Southport operations director Liam Watson commented:
“We’ve had an offer accepted from a League One club. It’s the biggest offer I’ve ever been at at Southport Football Club, which is really pleasing.
“Hopefully we’ll carry on with that, we are looking at improving that back part of the squad, so there will be a little bit of movement in and out. We have to get where we need to be.”
It is rumoured that the bid for Lloyd could be as much as £20,000. Lloyd has been a professional at Vale Park since 2010 but in six years he has made just two starts and sixteen sub appearances as he failed to cement a regular place in the starting eleven.