onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Scott Burgess new signing

Don’t know anything about the lad! Welcome Scott

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Decent young player. He gets up and down a pitch, gets his foot in and is at a good age. Much more optimistic about this signing than Lloyd. I have a friend that's a big Macclesfield fan and she couldn't say enough good things about him. She fancies him though admittedly, so whether that clouds her judgement somewhat...

Him, Conlon and Oyeleke give us plenty of promise in central midfield.
    Last edited by TylerB; 24-05-19 at 06:07 PM.

Sounds good like you said right age! Hope he fits in

Quote Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
    Decent young player. He gets up and down a pitch, gets his foot in and is at a good age. Much more optimistic about this signing than Lloyd. I have a friend that's a big Macclesfield fan and she couldn't say enough good things about him. She fancies him though admittedly, so whether that clouds her judgement somewhat..

Him, Conlon and Oyeleke give us plenty of promise in central midfield.
    Has he got “nice legs”?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJames View Post
    Has he got “nice legs”?
    As long as he's got good legs he'll do me.

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    I know nothing about the lad, but failing to get into the Wrexham side and finishing the season at York sends alarm bells ringing to me.

We are crying out for young. experienced league players. He may well prove to be a useful addition, but his record so far would not indicate that he will be an immediate starter.

I really hope that Askey is not going to take the easy way out of only signing players he knows. There is a whole plethora of players out there. Askey needs to do what Rudge did and get out every midweek and watch matches, be it League or non league.

Forget agents recommendations, forget players you know from previous clubs, get out and scout them for yourself.

Too many managers nowadays take the easy way out. Go out and find them yourself. And if you need advice on this score, ask the genius John Rudge for help.
    Last edited by RailwayRowdy; 24-05-19 at 08:38 PM.

9. Poster thanked by

Welcome to Vale Park and hope it works for you and Vale. Looking forward to seeing you play and join in the new Vale era that is happening.

11. Poster thanked by

Seems like s replacement for Hannant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RailwayRowdy View Post
    I know nothing about the lad, but failing to get into the Wrexham side and finishing the season at York sends alarm bells ringing to me.

We are crying out for young. experienced league players. He may well prove to be a useful addition, but his record so far would not indicate that he will be an immediate starter.

I really hope that Askey is not going to take the easy way out of only signing players he knows. There is a whole plethora of players out there. Askey needs to do what Rudge did and get out every midweek and watch matches, be it League or non league.

Forget agents recommendations, forget players you know from previous clubs, get out and scout them for yourself.

Too many managers nowadays take the easy way out. Go out and find them yourself. And if you need advice on this score, ask the genius John Rudge for help.
    I just hope that "Survival is the aim" isn't the mantra for next season. It's a very modest aim and not one (once the new-start feeling has gone) that is going to be very appealing as weekly entertainment.

We surely must aim high. I am sick of being down among the dregs. I'm a Vale fan, get me out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    I just hope that "Survival is the aim" isn't the mantra for next season. It's a very modest aim and not one (once the new-start feeling has gone) that is going to be very appealing as weekly entertainment.

We surely must aim high. I am sick of being down among the dregs. I'm a Vale fan, get me out of here!
    We're likely to finish mid-table. After two bottom 4 finishes, that's not so bad. Make your peace now or come October/November time I think you'll be disappointed.

15. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by RailwayRowdy View Post

Only 1 prob with that, there isn't any games watch now until the window nearly closes lol

17. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by butt lane vale fan View Post
    Only 1 prob with that, there isn't any games watch now until the window nearly closes lol
    Good managers already have a dossier of players that they would be interested in if the opportunity arose.

19. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions