Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury

Administrator Admin team

Bury

I'm sure you've been aware they are the latest basketcase club.

They've been in trouble since the last owner secured a Wonga-style loan on the stadium.

Now the owner seems to have commissioned Norman as his scriptwriter.

Just read this astonishing statement:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/m...-the-chairman/

There's some reaction here on the Bury forum strongly disputing he has an "incurable" disease and picking apart his statement:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/...son-statement/

2. Advert Advert

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    To parody Coleridge, “Smurthwaites Smurthwaites everywhere nor any **** to trust”

It is rather worrying that owners of football clubs think that their supporters will buy this sort of verbal diarrhoea. Sadly, loads of Smurfthwaite’s, Dale’s, Hardy’s etc still exist.

Last edited by RailwayRowdy; 23-05-19 at 11:53 PM.

I wonder if his dog ate his homework as well, he seems to have an excuse for everything.

5. Poster thanked by

Lifetime achievement award for tinpotness in football. That’s unbelievably bad.

Never mind an inch, Norman doesn’t deserve being given a nanometer, but even he wasn’t that embarrassing.

There’s an article in the Times ( behind a paywall)
    About Bury players possibly having to sell their houses
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...dams-26rqhlzhl

I found it amusing that he starts his statement with the words 'without prejudice', as though he thinks it's a watertight get-out for any old nonsense he says after.

And then he ends it saying what a good bloke Shaun Harvey from the EFL is!!!

Administrator Admin team
    I don't know if you've also seen the Bury players' statement - it's pretty cutting...

"Mr Chairman, we know you have no regard or consideration for us as players our families or our futures, but please just accept the offer and walk away from our club before you bring it to its knees."

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by robf View Post
    I don't know if you've also seen the Bury players' statement - it's pretty cutting...

"Mr Chairman, we know you have no regard or consideration for us as players our families or our futures, but please just accept the offer and walk away from our club before you bring it to its knees."
    Wow that's pretty damming from people who have worked with him. As always the fans will know who to trust.

I met the finance manager - sorry ex finance manager a few years ago. He left because this was going to happen. Living beyond means, signing hanging on star players on big wages etc. Its a bit like Bolton and Portsmouth except Bury never had any meaningful temporary higher level success to enjoy before the cliff edge.

Honestly though, I really like Bury. Been to games there several times and worked in Bury. I really hope they can survive and get back to being a solid League 1 / 2 club playing competitive games against us.

What number are they on the list of clubs you support?

To be fair if I had terminal leukaemia the first thing I'd do is buy a football club

16. Poster thanked by

17. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions