May on the way?? - Page 3
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin


Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 713
  1. #25
    Give us a General Election so we can kick out these treacherous Stokie Labour MP,s who won’t accept 70% leave means leave.

  2. Advert Advert


  3. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Gordon Brown was spot on this week. Farage - 'man of the Paypal'
    He conveniently came out of the woodwork this week along with the Electoral Remainer Commission,a couple of days before the elections to investigate why the Brexit Party was so popular.
    In the words of bomber command "The flak only gets heavy when you are over the target".

  4. Poster thanked by


  5. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The EU
    Posts
    12,008
    When you mean why it was so popular, you mean why it has more donors clicking on the donate button than people visiting their website in the first place?

    PayPal is a brilliant way of getting donations if you want to cover up what country they're coming from.

  6. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    When you mean why it was so popular, you mean why it has more donors clicking on the donate button than people visiting their website in the first place?

    PayPal is a brilliant way of getting donations if you want to cover up what country they're coming from.
    Will you admit you are wrong when it turns out that they have done nothing wrong?

  7. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    Decent at selling gold too cheaply and raiding pension funds.He was a t055er,Joe.
    If selling the gold too cheap is the most damaging line of attack you can come up towards a bloke who spent 13 years at the very top level of politics, with a majority effectively serving as the decision-maker, then it suggests, compared to most top level politicians he didn't do too badly.

    Also a factcheck on the pensions claim: https://www.channel4.com/news/articl...ns/171020.html

    He did changes the tax system which harmed pensions but his impact has largely been exaggerated.

    Brown made a fair few mistakes but Britain was pretty decent with him as Chancellor. Would have a man of his integrity and intellect, if not his PR abilities, in office tomorrow.

  8. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    If selling the gold too cheap is the most damaging line of attack you can come up towards a bloke who spent 13 years at the very top level of politics, with a majority effectively serving as the decision-maker, then it suggests, compared to most top level politicians he didn't do too badly.

    Also a factcheck on the pensions claim: https://www.channel4.com/news/articl...ns/171020.html

    He did changes the tax system which harmed pensions but his impact has largely been exaggerated.

    Brown made a fair few mistakes but Britain was pretty decent with him as Chancellor. Would have a man of his integrity and intellect, if not his PR abilities, in office tomorrow.
    Can't trust Channel 4 over their lies about Sir Nige I'm afraid. Got any legitimate sources?

  9. #31
    Integrity and Gordon Brown, really? His disloyalty to his Prime Minister, appalling behaviour to staff and cabinet colleagues, his disengagement at cabinet meetings, his visceral attack on the voters who disagreed with him, his lack of moral courage in calling an election, his boast that he abolished boom and bust, his belief in his divine right to be PM without any kind of election at all, none of those things suggest he has an ounce of integrity. His dreadful decisions do not support a claim to high intellect. Theresa May is awful so was Gordon Brown

  10. Poster thanked by


  11. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Vale View Post
    Integrity and Gordon Brown, really? His disloyalty to his Prime Minister, appalling behaviour to staff and cabinet colleagues, his disengagement at cabinet meetings, his visceral attack on the voters who disagreed with him, his lack of moral courage in calling an election, his boast that he abolished boom and bust, his belief in his divine right to be PM without any kind of election at all, none of those things suggest he has an ounce of integrity. His dreadful decisions do not support a claim to high intellect. Theresa May is awful so was Gordon Brown
    Whilst the pressures of power did result in some angry behaviour, a lot of the people who meet Brown can only speak highly of him.

    By visceral attacks on voters, do you mean when he called that bigoted woman a bigot? A silly move, but not one who lacked integrity, as she was a bigot.

    Boom and bust was a silly claim but in fairness to him he didn't really have much control over the American subprime mortgage market. He could have insulated us better and been less trusting of the banks, but our economy didn't bust after the boom because of Brown.

    His decisions as Chancellor definitely point to a man of high intellect. Independence for the BoE, tax credits, the longest continuous period of uninterrupted growth in history (until ruined by the aforementioned subprime market), record investment in public services (which didn't cause the global financial meltdown. The myth that somehow Gordon Brown caused the global economy to crash as a consequence of spending too much on schools and hospitals needs dispelling pronto), national minimum wage, the human rights act, an involvement in the government which built on work by Major to achieve peace in NI, a vast reduction of child and pensioner poverty by all metrics, record low A&E waiting times... I could go on. I could argue he is our most successful post war chancellor but it probably won't go down very well here. Regardless, apart from the multicultarism argument which doesn't bother me but obsesses some, Britain undoubtedly improved under the tenure of Gordon Brown, unless you've got a fetish for gold.

    A flawed, but genuinely decent bloke, in my view. You can't put him on the same level as May.
    Last edited by Joe B; 22-05-19 at 10:40 PM.

  12. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal Beagle View Post
    Can't trust Channel 4 over their lies about Sir Nige I'm afraid. Got any legitimate sources?
    RB, if Farage was found leaning over a dead body with a smoking gun in his hand and blood all over him you would claim he'd been wrongly accused and it was a set up.

  13. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    RB, if Farage was found leaning over a dead body with a smoking gun in his hand and blood all over him you would claim he'd been wrongly accused and it was a set up.
    No I'd probably think he was guilty as that would be actual evidence.

    If there was no body, no smoking gun, no blood and a watertight alibi for Sir Nige then I probably wouldn't think he had shot someone though.

  14. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    If selling the gold too cheap is the most damaging line of attack you can come up towards a bloke who spent 13 years at the very top level of politics, with a majority effectively serving as the decision-maker, then it suggests, compared to most top level politicians he didn't do too badly.

    Also a factcheck on the pensions claim: https://www.channel4.com/news/articl...ns/171020.html

    He did changes the tax system which harmed pensions but his impact has largely been exaggerated.

    Brown made a fair few mistakes but Britain was pretty decent with him as Chancellor. Would have a man of his integrity and intellect, if not his PR abilities, in office tomorrow.
    Is this the same Gordon Brown who rejected a referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon in 2007?
    Brown's refusal to support a referendum was a complete reversal of Labour's 2005 manifesto pledge to hold a referendum on the European Constitution.
    No change there then?

  15. #36

  16. Advert Advert


Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified


This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk


OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.


We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy


Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions