Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    100% boycotting. Much more important than us receiving some food sales

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

still wont attend while prem academy teams take part

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    I feel extremely frustrated with those who turn up for these games, particularly those who criticise the format but then actively encourage its continuation by attending matches. Each to their own and I wouldn't call them scabs but I do find it hypocritical. Isn't it like disliking and speaking out against the working practices of, say, Sports Direct but then shopping there?

I agree that the Supporters Club (in conjunction with other clubs' SCs) arrange an 'official' boycott. It's the short end of the wedge, IMO, and nothing good will come from it continuing in it's current format.
    Wouldn't say its hypocritical, I went the games because I basically enjoy watching the vale. That simple.
    Hypocrisy is being against the tournament, but wanting to spend the money we earn from it on players. Maybe that's why Norman didnt
    That's basically why teams voted for it, theres money to be made, rightly or wrongly.

I don’t have a principled stance on it. I’m generally not moved to attend but will do so if there’s an interesting looking one or we get to the semi or final.

Well the collective 'boycott' stand of the League clubs, went well and thoroughly down the toilet, after we played Stoke and Sunderland played Newcastle.
    The EFL must be rubbing their hands, after those two matches and trying to figure out asap, if they can alter the draw proces, to get more of those local derby type fixtures.

8. Poster thanked by

The boycott continues

I didn't go to the Stoke match and I won't go to any of these games, however they fix the ties, until the U21 sides are gone.

11. Poster thanked by

I don't believe that 2 seasons of this format has seen sufficient success for Prem / Championship clubs to consider the "next step" of their U-21 / 23 teams joing the EFL? In fact - there has been no success at all so I don't see that happening? But, in any case, attending a home game is not just cause for being called "scab" or "scum"! I hope this doesn't happen again? It's up to the individual's conscience whether they support their team, or not!

We need this competition to provide opportunities for players. It is also a competition we have won and could win again. So I am for tolerating the downside and helping the club financially by attending. That said its a 120 miles plus so I am not committing to going to every game after work etc.

An off the cuff idea. Could a game be played at a non league ground like Kidsgrove. A thousand in Vale Park is an empty soulless stadium. A thousand at Kidsgrove is a proper cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    We need this competition to provide opportunities for players. It is also a competition we have won and could win again. So I am for tolerating the downside and helping the club financially by attending. That said its a 120 miles plus so I am not committing to going to every game after work etc.

An off the cuff idea. Could a game be played at a non league ground like Kidsgrove. A thousand in Vale Park is an empty soulless stadium. A thousand at Kidsgrove is a proper cup game.
    Could Kidsgrove Athletic cater for 1000 fans, plus car parking? Never been to the ground so don't know.

I rarely missed a home game in this competition and went away for many of the games under the various guises however since they introduced U21 sides if not been once.

16. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    I feel extremely frustrated with those who turn up for these games, particularly those who criticise the format but then actively encourage its continuation by attending matches. Each to their own and I wouldn't call them scabs but I do find it hypocritical. Isn't it like disliking and speaking out against the working practices of, say, Sports Direct but then shopping there?

I agree that the Supporters Club (in conjunction with other clubs' SCs) arrange an 'official' boycott. It's the short end of the wedge, IMO, and nothing good will come from it continuing in it's current format.
    Never agree with anything you say on here but this is spot on.

I still can't get my head around the fact 4000 Vale fans degraded themselves by attending that Stoke U12 fixture. Imagine the message it would've sent out to everyone if we had sold ZERO tickets and they turned up with 4000. That would've really started the debate and highlighted the attitude of lower league fans towards this B Team Trojan Horse.

Instead, it'll go down in history as our highest attendance of the season. Nice one, guys.

18. Poster thanked by

19. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions